Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Bittermelon's Guide, and have been happily using my hack for a while now. Your guide is more complicated, DSDT, P-states, C-states, etc. Can you describe the advantages of doing it your way. I'm curious.

I used Bittermelon's Guide, and have been happily using my hack for a while now. Your guide is more complicated, DSDT, P-states, C-states, etc. Can you describe the advantages of doing it your way. I'm curious.
Well, with 67 pages of posts, I honestly can't say what differences are between our two methods! After reading Bittermelon's op, though, I noticed that he didn't used dsdt, nor ssdt to optimize the entire system. That said, he did this about nine months ago, and was a great job at that time!
Now things are a little bit changed, and thanks to a lot of skilled members of this and other forums, we are really close to a real mac system. I mean usb3, Ivy Bridge Power Management, Graphics Power Management, sleep, autosleep, Airplay, mirroring are fully functional, and all of this without adding a single kext (besides AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext to check cpu pstates, or AppleHDA.kext for audio and Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx for LAN). That means safer System Updates than ever!
Also, I tried to explain why I did all those steps, in order to make the noob user understand something more than a mere procedure.

1. Tinkering gives me enjoyment.
2. Technically, this mod performs better in terms of power usage, performance, efficiency, peripheral compatibility, sleep-wake, and less errors or crashes due to incompatibility with operating system. All the ports works out of the box, without strange kexts.
3. Real advantages? it's in the eye of the beholder.

I started with a basic mod and eventually after pages of reading and researching, I came to an extremely similar setup / build like Giacomoleopardo's. I am very appreciative of his effort in collecting the researches and created this perfect guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back