Contribute
Register

Getting stuck on "11 minutes remaining"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H270M-D3H + Clover / Lenovo Y510P + Clover
CPU
i5-6500 - H270 / i7-4700mq - (don't know chipset)
Graphics
ASUS GTX 970 OC / HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello. I was able to create a UniBeast flash drive (USB 3.0) with Sierra on it. I followed the instructions of turning USB 3.0 off on my Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 board, but it also works with it on and the 3.0 flash drive in the 3.0 port. I can get to the install screen, however...

Every time I attempt to install, it gets stuck at the "11 minutes remaining mark". I never had this issue when installing any previous version of OS X, and this is the first time I'm experiencing it with Sierra. I've tried the flash drive in a hub and directly on to the mobo. Normally my SMBIOS is iMac13,1 but the new Clover makes it 14 something. I've tried it both ways and still get stuck at 11 minutes remaining. At first it will start out at "12 minutes remaining" for about 5 minutes, but then stay on "11 minutes remaining" for over 45 minutes. Too long for me to wait.

I'm using an i5-2400, 8 GB RAM (two modules), and a Gigabyte GTX960 G! Gaming 2 GB card and not sure where to go from here. I have my other hard drives connected, and leaving them connected has never been an issue in the past when putting OS X on a drive.

How long is it staying stuck at the 11 minute mark? It can take up to an additional 15 minutes more before it kicks back in and continues on. That has been my experience here. I've also had that long delay happen at the 7 minute mark.

It's been there for more than 30 minutes. I can try on a standard hard drive to see (rather, hear) where it stops at.

I don't know if it's worth noting, but to get El Cap I'd have to add "npci=0x2000", but with the new clover I don't have to. If it's absolutely necessary I can remove the other hard drives but I don't see how the existing config would cause it to stall. I can still move the mouse around and all, but seeing the install in verbose mode (if that were possible) would be a help. What else do you suggest?

Do you have a USB 2.0 port to try it from? You could always try making the USB drive from scratch again including re downloading Sierra. Also make sure you are creating your target drive's partition again via disk utility from the USB drive prior to the install of Sierra. Good luck.

Thanks. Stupid amateurish move on my part. I had the stick in the USB hub, but I ended up making a second installer from a 32 GB stick and tried that and it worked. Now I just have the WiFi to worry about, but I may simply drill a hole in the floor from above to fix that (my Hack is in the basement).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back