Contribute
Register

Getting sleep/wake to work on Dell XPS 12 9250 on 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. After browsing '' I found:

Code:
2018-05-30 18:20:55 -0700 Kernel Client Acks      Delays to Wake notifications: [AppleHSBluetoothDevice driver is slow(msg: SetState to 1)(608 ms)] [AppleIntelFramebuffer driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(902 ms)] [ApplePS2Controller driver is slow(msg: SetState to 2)(1370 ms)]

It appears that these three kexts are causing the slow wake. Though the delays only seem to account for about 3 seconds total--even though it takes closer to 10 seconds or so to resume. Regardless, I am not sure what to do about these.

One problem is your kextcache output shows mismatched kexts installed:
Code:
ACPISensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
ACPISensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

One problem is your kextcache output shows mismatched kexts installed:
Code:
ACPISensors.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC.
ACPISensors.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

This confuses me, because I have FakeSMC installed to L/E. I'm not sure why it would say no compatible dependency like that.

Attachments

• debug_28037.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
It is because you have mixed build FakeSMC.kext vs. FakeSMC sensor kexts.
Those kexts must be all from the same build.
See guide for link:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Okay, I updated all FakeSMC and sensor kexts to come from the same build.

I am still seeing a very long delay before wake. Unfortunately, it takes so long sometimes that the computer will hard shut down from holding the power button too long.

Attachments

• debug_7094.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
Okay, I updated all FakeSMC and sensor kexts to come from the same build.

I am still seeing a very long delay before wake. Unfortunately, it takes so long sometimes that the computer will hard shut down from holding the power button too long.

Still kextcache errors:
Code:
AppleHPM.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController' not found.
AppleHPM.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

You should not be deleting any kexts.
For disabling I2C kexts, refer to config_patches.plist from my github linked by the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Still kextcache errors:
Code:
AppleHPM.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController' not found.
AppleHPM.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

You should not be deleting any kexts.
For disabling I2C kexts, refer to config_patches.plist from my github linked by the guide:

I have applied the patches found https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_patches.plist#L34-L57

It appears that my device still takes awhile to resume from sleep unfortunately.

Attachments

• debug_10956.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
Try MacBookPro11,1 instead of what you currently have.
Also, you should probably be using AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariable*.efi.

Eliminating unused framebuffer connectors may also help.

Okay, I made the changes you recommended. Thank you for all your help so far but, sleep still takes just as long to resume from. I'm really not sure where to go from here.

Attachments

• debug_14101.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
Okay, I made the changes you recommended. Thank you for all your help so far but, sleep still takes just as long to resume from. I'm really not sure where to go from here.

Unless your laptop has two external DP connectors, it does not appear you eliminated unused framebuffer connectors.

Unless your laptop has two external DP connectors, it does not appear you eliminated unused framebuffer connectors.

Well I do have two thunderbolt 3 ports. Do those count or are they configured differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back