Contribute
Register

Getting prohibited symbol randomly, check my Clover files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170-Pro
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
Hey!

First time hackintosher here. I've got OS 10.12.4 up and running. Onboard audio and ethernet are working. My MSI GTX 1080 is working after using Clover to install a certain file (I don't remember what it was; something I found on the forum). It goes to sleep and wakes up fine, which is great. Thunderbolt is spotty, but that'll have to be a different thread.

My main issue is getting the prohibited symbol when I'm booting. Sometimes it pops up and I'll have to reset a couple of times before it'll boot up the whole way. Other times it'll start right up. I haven't been able to perfectly replicate what a successful boot looks like (sometimes it works on the first time, sometimes it takes 2-7 restarts). I ran Multibeast and installed the right stuff (as far as I can tell). I'm just not sure what else to try and I don't want to totally screw it all up, especially since I have most everything else working.

My build:

ASUS Z170 PRO
ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 add-on card
i7-6700k @ 4.00 GHz
32GB RAM
500GB 850EVO

Can you look at my files and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
Think it could be the Thunderbolt card mate - that's what my system is doing now that I have installed it. Unfortunately, I do not have a workaround as I am also troubleshooting this problem right now.

My main issue is getting the prohibited symbol when I'm booting. Sometimes it pops up and I'll have to reset a couple of times before it'll boot up the whole way. Other times it'll start right up. I haven't been able to perfectly replicate what a successful boot looks like (sometimes it works on the first time, sometimes it takes 2-7 restarts).
See [SOLVED] Hackintosh Sometimes boots normally, sometimes does not for possible solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back