Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7010
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Hi All

I'm a bit of a newbie here and I started building my First Hackintosh a few days ago.
So far, I've successfully installed Mac OS X Sierra on my Dell Optiplex machine.
- updated to 10.12.6
- errors encountered so far is that it has no audio.

But my problem that I want to consult is with regards to my apple ID.
I used the apple id that I'm using with my other IOS Gadgets, while not yet reading about How to FIx Imessage here.

So what happened now is that on my Iphone, I can still use Imessage and Facetime, however on my Ipad Air 2, I seem to have logged out and cannot log in with the same Apple ID with error as follows
  • An error occurred during activation
I already tried out the simple troubleshooting but to no avail.

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT201422

What I'm worried about is that my appleid was blocked for usage for Imessage/Facetime when it failed on my Hackintosh.
So do you think it is wise to call support for this and risk being found out that I was on a Hackintosh project.
Any ideas on the best possible solution to my problem?

Thanks for those who will reply

Hi there.

You don't give more detail than that the activation failed. If you didn't get a message saying your account has been locked, you should be ok.

In my experience the activation alone is likely due to something amiss in your setup. Definitely follow the sticky post "Idiot's Guide to iMessage" and double check your config.

(I can't explain without more info why your iPhone works but your iPad not.)

From my own experience, to avoid Apple locks, copy down and re-input if necessary, your serial number and board ID. They are in your config plist or you can view and copy using Clover Configurator. That way if you change system definitions your account sees the same mac.

:)

Hi Thanks...

I didn't get a message saying my account is locked. It still works while logging in to other (Itunes, icloud, etc...)

After further investigation, it seems that when I use my apple id while logging in to Facetime and Imessage on both ipad and iphone it said an error occured during activation. Initially I thought it was working fine on my iphone, but I found out that the Iphone is using my mobile number instead of the apple id on both imessage and facetime.

On the hackintosh setup, I already used most of the guides i found here including the Idiot's Guide to iMessage and my setup is working fine now except for the audio (ALC269) I cant get it to work yet.

I also already made sure to use another ID for the hackintosh.

Last edited:
I am having this problem as well. I believe there is something that happens to the keychain once you’ve messed up the Apple ID by having a bad hackintosh smbios (not a close system match, incorrect serial, etc.) and here’s why I believe this.

I had an Apple ID that I used on a hackintosh build that I tried to sign in to iMessage with an incomplete smbios setup based on the getting iMessage working guides. It got blocked. Couldn’t sign into iMessage or FaceTime on anything with that Apple ID after that. I made the corrections to my smbios and used a different Apple ID and it worked. It’s been that way for a couple of years now with no hiccups. Recently, I built my house and added HomeKit accessories to it and planned on using my iPad as a home hub. Problem is with my main Apple ID (the blocked one) the option to use the iPad as a home hub simply was not there. I made a new Apple ID and it appeared when I signed into it on the iPad. So on my iPhone, I sign out of the bad Apple ID, sign into the new one an merge my keychain data to the new Apple ID. Now the iPad home hub option is gone and I cannot sign into iMessage or FaceTime with the new Apple ID. It all worked perfectly until I merged the keychain data. So on the hackintosh I deleted all the iCloud Keychain data but some automatically reappeared and cannot be deleted. I have an ongoing case with Apple engineering to figure this out and my goal is to have them completely wipe my keychain from iCloud so I can see if that really is the cause. From what I’ve found online, it’s impossible to reset the keychain yourself if you have two factor authorization enabled on your iCloud. If you have two step verification, there are guides that will walk you through it in apples support docs.

I know this isn’t a solution and it’s bumping an old thread but I was hoping to find someone who may know how to wipe the iCloud Keychain data with 2FA enabled.

Creating new AppleID's is so problematic. Apple will never allow you to merge those IDs later. In essence you are different users according to Apple so your iTunes will never sync, Apple music will never acknowledge your sign in... stuff like that.

Your best bet is to dig in to the two large iMessage threads and dive in with both feet to identify your specific problem.

Look at the top of the sticky's: general-help.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back