XFX Geforce 280 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
heya!
i was just about to purchase a new system with the new haswell refresh i5-4690K, and i suddenly realized
for some reason intel did postpone the shipments to my chosen retailer with a few more weeks, which in turn made me question whether or not to buy the 4790K instead. its fairly more expensive but value vs. performance is still awesome for my needs. anyway,
the question is, originally i was just going to stick with the 1600mhz ballistix sport(regular sized) in my build, but i found an offer for the Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 16GB 2133MHz for a much better price than the ballistix 1600.(about 30 bucks cheaper) Im just not sure whether this ram will work in OS X. Does anyone know?

heya!
i was just about to purchase a new system with the new haswell refresh i5-4690K, and i suddenly realized
for some reason intel did postpone the shipments to my chosen retailer with a few more weeks, which in turn made me question whether or not to buy the 4790K instead. its fairly more expensive but value vs. performance is still awesome for my needs. anyway,
the question is, originally i was just going to stick with the 1600mhz ballistix sport(regular sized) in my build, but i found an offer for the Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 16GB 2133MHz for a much better price than the ballistix 1600.(about 30 bucks cheaper) Im just not sure whether this ram will work in OS X. Does anyone know?

You dont mention which board you are planning to use which would be helpful; however; Corsair ram was dropped from the Buyers Guide because some users were having issues with it in Gigabyte boards. Crucial (Currently recommended) and G.Skill have good results. 2133 will work in a hackintosh; I have it running here (Mine is G.Skill) but on some boards you have to drop it to 1333 just for the installation part and then set it back to its proper speed (This is done using the XMP settings in the UEFI bios).

oh, yeah, lol:D

im considering 3 options at the moment.
the gaming 3 from gigabyte (GA-Z97-X gaming 3) or the GA-Z97-UD3H or the Asus Z-97-A(more unlikely as the shop is out of stock at the moment)
-i love tax returns;)
the store offers a package deal for the Asus and the gaming 3 boards with the crucial ballistix sport ram. and this surely saves me like 50-60 bucks altogether, but id rather live a little slim for 2 weeks than having a less than satisfactory system overall.

oh, yeah, lol:D

im considering 3 options at the moment.
the gaming 3 from gigabyte (GA-Z97-X gaming 3) or the GA-Z97-UD3H or the Asus Z-97-A(more unlikely as the shop is out of stock at the moment)
-i love tax returns;)
the store offers a package deal for the Asus and the gaming 3 boards with the crucial ballistix sport ram. and this surely saves me like 50-60 bucks altogether, but id rather live a little slim for 2 weeks than having a less than satisfactory system overall.

You should do your research in the forums regarding Z97 builds. People have got some of them working, but they are not without issue at this time due to Apple not yet using Z97; therefore no official Z97 support in OSX at this time.

yes, i have read some of the successful builds, and it seems the most important issues have workarounds and/or fixes. im not sure if ive read someone using the killer nic on the newest gigabyte cards, only the intel nic´s but its not really an issue since most of my gaming(everything besides diablo III) is done in w7.
and i have a pci-x audio, the juli@ xte, so if the audio chip doesnt work, its not really a concern of mine as of now:)
it seems most people are using crucial or g-skill with the z97 so i guess that will be my choice as well. cheers!=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back