Contribute
Register

GA-Z97X-UD7 TH (rev. 1.0) Success with OS do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently trying to run Mavericks with this Mainboard.
Current Config:
mobo: GA-Z97X-UD7 TH (rev. 1.0)
CPU: Core i7 4771
GPU: Asus GTX 760
Ram: 16GB (8x2 1866mhz)
HDD: 1TB 7200RPM

Went fine thru installation with Unibeast, no boot flags required, just slow boot...
Boot went normal with no boot flags required, slow boot, again.
Installed Multibeast with the settings on this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/135706-core-i7-4770-gigabyte-z97x-ud7-th-8gb-ram-hd4600.html

Now it wont boot, tried -v boot flag and nothing just a black screen. BTW I'm using the HDMI port of the GPU.
Thanks!

PD: Sorry for my crappy english.

If you configure multibeast to generate CPU states, this can screw up an install entirely (it did to me). Don't do that.

Currently OS 10.9.4 will only boot using a Nvidia dedicated card. You can use your Intel 4600 with boot prompts using OS 10.9 -

The boot prompts I used to get Intel 4600 working under OS 10.9 are -v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

When using 10.9 you have to disable Turbo Boost but when using 10.9.4 CPU runs at full power! Awesome but only if you have an Nvidia GPU.

Currently OS 10.9.4 will only boot using a Nvidia dedicated card. You can use your Intel 4600 with boot prompts using OS 10.9 -

The boot prompts I used to get Intel 4600 working under OS 10.9 are -v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

When using 10.9 you have to disable Turbo Boost but when using 10.9.4 CPU runs at full power! Awesome but only if you have an Nvidia GPU.

Finally have both HD4600 & GTX780 running together THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I have found to get the onboard ALC1150 working. Processor is running at the full 4.4 GHz! Only thing I have disabled is the Thunderbolt so it boots faster, works but I prefer the fast boot time.

Finally have both HD4600 & GTX780 running together THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I have found to get the onboard ALC1150 working. Processor is running at the full 4.4 GHz! Only thing I have disabled is the Thunderbolt so it boots faster, works but I prefer the fast boot time.

How did you do that? (HD4600 + GTX780)

My experience so far:
Bios: Disable vt-d (that's all)
Boots without any flags using nvidia gtx 7**
If you want igp to work using intel i7-4770 or other cpus with 4600 igp: delete all intel graphics extensions BUT 5000
TB:bios TB in legacy mode, needs to install windows drivers to activate.
meaning: install windows, plug a TB device install the driver, then you dont need windows anymore.
Delete all TB kexts for fast boot(you can disable TB on bios, install the system, delete the kexts and then enable TB on bios again).
intel nic: use the oldest driver available on multibeast, its the fastest and its stable.
Sound ALC 1150, use the second line out on the control panel, stereo sound on the black plug.
Good luck

Sigh. I've read the entire 8 page comment section.

When running the Mavericks Installation (after the first Unibeast Installation) I get to the Mac Installation Screen but my USB ports (e.g. my keyboard and mouse) are non-responsive.

They worked when I used Unibeast to get to the Mavericks Button

Specs:
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
Intel i7-4790k
GeForce GTX 760

To boot I use the -v -x flags

The only thing I haven't done is disable integrated graphics (which I don't see how would cause the mouse and keyboard to give out the second round).

I feel as though I may be the only one experiencing this issue and be warned. I'm a composer and not a computer expert so n00b speak is GREATLY appreciated, hehe.

Tyler

check "misosoup7" thread...I have same cpu/mobo and it worked great. Just fine-tuning now..

hope it helps. Any other discoveries/info/findings related to this motherboard would be greatly appreciated...

Hi,
I'm thinking of getting one of these with the i7-4790K as dabs.com/gigabtye has a cashback promotion. Thing is, I have the 27" Thunderbolt Display and was wondering if this screen would work with this motherboard (using 10.9.4 / HD4600)?
Cheers,
Simon

Hello All

I met a Problem with Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH this motherboard, thanks to every one, internet, audio, and others works great, but only Thunderbolt still have a serious problem, I have a Promise Pegasus2 R6 storage, it's Thunderbolt 2.0 device, when I connect to my computer, it always show kernel panic like attached picture, but when I try to connect another one Seagate Thunderbolt device, It's good to use, did any one know what can i do of this?

my component as follows

MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH, BIOS F4, set Thunderbolt to legacy mode, disable on-board Intel HD4600.
CPU: i7-4790
RAM: DDR3-1866, 32GB ram.
HDD: Micron M550-512GB.
Graphic card: MSI GTX-760 2GOC
Power: 650W

using Multibeast 6.4.2

Thanks to every one first.

Attachments

• panic.JPG
    panic.JPG
    860.3 KB · Views: 342
Status