Contribute
Register

GA-Z97X-UD7 TH (rev. 1.0) Success with OS do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had success with that mobo on both Mavericks(10.9.5) as well as ML(10.8.5). I've resolved just about all issues I have read, including freezing keyboard and mouse(ML), long boot times, boring in safe mode, the trim enabler, the 01error when using a SSD, etc, etc... If you have any specific questions about anything maybe I can be of help. The only thing I cannot get is audio out in ML 10.8.5. I had it in 10.9, but cannot get it in Mountain Lion. Also I'd be curious to hear other peoples stories/solutions as far as getting thunderbolt happening.

GA-Z97X-UD7 TH(rev. 2.0)

Intel i7 4.0Ghz Haswell i-4790k

Could you explain your fixes for freezing mouse/keyboard, and unable to boot without safe mode/stuck at white apple screen without safe mode?

^ Yes I would like to know about this as well, as I have finally gotten around to doing a 10.8.5 install with this motherboard and have experienced freezing of the mouse and keyboard at the initial startup screen. It lasts for about 10 minutes before I can proceed.

Once the install is completed and system restarts, I find that my keyboard and mouse are once again frozen at the 'Welcome' screen. After giving it some time, I find that I regain keyboard and mouse functionality so that I can proceed with loading Multibeast.

I can now currently boot the system unassisted, but find the bootup time to be abnormally slow, even after doing some of the kext-replacing solutions that others have posted within this forum.

Also I must note that is with integrated graphics of the 4790K.

Maybe I will try a GT 610 or 640 that I have laying around (for an X99 build that I will be doing next) and see if that remedies the slow boot up situation..

HI! Did anybody install Yosemite on this?
I mean, I'm running GREAT Yosemite (plus PT11 and lots of plugins).
BUt, I'm having a boot problem, using Clover (everything works: iMessage, Continuity, Handoff, etc)... it resets. And I have to boot, and boot, and boot and boot, till it gets to the login screen and from there it's rock solid. I could leave the Hack ON for days without any problem.
It's just at the boot time.
I don't know why I suspect that USB has something to do with it.... mmmmm.....
Cheers.

has anyone confirmed the GA-Z97X-UD7 TH in Yosemite works with thunderbolt without issues is it like normal install or is it still complicated

HI! Did anybody install Yosemite on this?
I mean, I'm running GREAT Yosemite (plus PT11 and lots of plugins).
BUt, I'm having a boot problem, using Clover (everything works: iMessage, Continuity, Handoff, etc)... it resets. And I have to boot, and boot, and boot and boot, till it gets to the login screen and from there it's rock solid. I could leave the Hack ON for days without any problem.
It's just at the boot time.
I don't know why I suspect that USB has something to do with it.... mmmmm.....
Cheers.

What was your configuration for getting clover to work with your yosemite build? Which bootflags did you use and which options on the multibeast installation? So far I've been using unibeast with some issues.

Clover is strange..... Although it was difficult to configure for my build, I've discovered that taking my SSD and putting it on an older mobo with older processor it would boot without a hitch! (X58A-UD3R + i7 950)

On multicast nothing special, as it's the same regardless the boot loader (take into account that you will not have to select Chimera Bootloader when running multibeast.
Let me see if I can share my config.plist (deleting my personal info like UUID, Serial, etc).
One problem I'm still having is that sometimes it takes two or three boots to get to the desktop, as it resets while loading.
Sometimes it boots straight without any problems, sometimes I have to boot three or four times...
And somehow my BIOS got screwed and it stopped booting TWICE (I found out it was the BIOS putting my SSD on the old system I've mentioned above).
Solved it forcing a BIOS copy from Backup BIOS to Main BIOS. The second time my Backup Bios was (I don't know why or how) a copy of the Main (corrupt) BIOS. I was in desperation but I remembered that I've saved my BIOS when it was working perfectly to a PenDrive. So it was just a matter of Flashing BIOS again.

I will be checking this thread regularly since I hope to do a build with this mobo and a 4790K.

I'm particularly concerned with Thunderbolt and if having a TB-equipped device connected will cause the time, wifi and bluetooth icons to dissappear from the top-right corner of the screen... this occurs with both builds that I've done with a Z87X-UD5 TH, but not with any of the 7-series builds.

I'm also wondering if a Windows install must be done so that the mobo's Thunderbolt driver can be loaded before attaining TB functionality in OS X..

Best of luck and if there's any way I can help feel free to let me know!
I'm now having issues with a window7 install. It's giving me an error with incompatible hardware at the very end of the installation process. To get thunderbolt on the mac portion to work does windows have to be booted off the same hard drive and have the drivers installed or can it be booted off a separate hard drive.

To get TH working you can install windows on any drive, and ou just have to install TH drivers on win, supposedly to install the TH firmware on mobo. Once it's done you can remove windows drive or format it. Take into account to disconnect all OS X related drives as windows may write those drives and could render your OS X install useless (when installing windows).
Cheers.

has anyone confirmed the GA-Z97X-UD7 TH in Yosemite works with thunderbolt without issues is it like normal install or is it still complicated

did you get your Apollo Quad working with TH on hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back