Contribute
Register

GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK | i7-4770K | RX580 - Ventura Public Beta

No, those cards are not supported in Ventura. Support for those older cards was dropped by Apple with the release of Ventura, so they would be bad choice in my opinion.

These newer RX400 and RX500 series of cards would be a better option. Just be careful if you are looking at the less expensive RX550 cards as some come with the Lexa chip and don't work.

# Polaris 10 & 20 cards

I recently purchased two RX 470 8GB cards from the same seller on eBay. One cost £65 the other cost £70 plus £5 postage for each. Both work in Ventura without any issues. They replaced a pair of older Nvidia cards that lost native support when Monterey was released. So looking in the secondhand market can be fruitful if you are careful.
thank you very much for these precisions and I will look for one of these cards on the second-hand market

I have this exact same build but with an ASUS GT640 - Anyway to get that to work with ventura? Or do I need to upgrade my dGPU? The build boots fine - but the card is not recognized and the resolution can not be changed.

I have this exact same build but with an ASUS GT640 - Anyway to get that to work with ventura? Or do I need to upgrade my dGPU? The build boots fine - but the card is not recognized and the resolution can not be changed.
Nvidia cards mostly do not work after High Sierra (with the exception of GTX780 which goes up to Big Sur) so yes you will need a new DGPU (supported AMD such as RX580, Radeon VII, RX5700, W5500/5700, RX6600, RX6800, RX6900) to work with Ventura.

Back