Contribute
Register

GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK | i7-4770K | RX580 - Ventura Public Beta

These are the bios settings I use with a GA-Z97X-UD5H Haswell Motherboard, with an RX580 dGPU.

View attachment 556946 View attachment 556947 View attachment 556948View attachment 556949 View attachment 556950 View attachment 556951View attachment 556952 View attachment 556953 View attachment 556954View attachment 556955 View attachment 556956 View attachment 556957View attachment 556958

These bios settings are what I use/set for any of my Haswell Hackintosh systems. The NVMe drive has no options in the bios, it just provides information about the drive(s) installed.

Remember that pressing F2 while in the Bios allows you to use the 'Classic' bios screen, where some of these items are easier to find, compared to the UEFI screens/Tabs. That is where these screenshots were taken, with the Bios in 'Classic' mode.
Fantastic, thanks for this!!
(BTW how did you take such good shots of the screens?)

Plug in a Fat32 formatted USB drive and press F12 key while in the Bios, it will take a screenshot in jpg format and save it to the USB drive.

Plug in a Fat32 formatted USB drive and press F12 key while in the Bios, it will take a screenshot in jpg format and save it to the USB drive.
That should be made a sticky post around here, have you seen some of the screen shots.. :lol:

I am a newbie to Hackintosh.
I tried to boot using Edhawk's EFI file, but for some reason I could not boot. Please help.
(I use a translator because I don't speak English)
I have done Hackintosh before using Clover but this is my first time using Opencore!

Did you copy the EFI folder to the EFI Partition on your macOS installation drive?
Did you select the UEFI partition in the bios boot menu, so your system boots from the OC EFI?
You need to press the F12 key when the Gigabyte splash screen appears to have the boot menu show, where you can select the UEFI partition on a one-time basis.
Alternatively, boot in to your bios (press F2 or Del key) at the splash screen, then navigate to the 'Boot' section in the bios and select the USB's UEFI partition as the default/priority/first boot drive.

Hello,
on a similar motherboard Z87M or Z97, can you tell me if Ventura will works with a IGPU only (With SMBIOS Imac18.1) or need absolutely a DGPU (like a small RX460 or RX560)
Thanks
need an AMD card really....

You definitely need an AMD discrete GPU when running Ventura on a Haswell system. As the HD4600 is not supported in Ventura. Drivers etc. have been removed by Apple.

Also you would be better served using just a dGPU and the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. Disabling the HD4600 in the bios or with a suitable boot argument/SSDT, if you need the HD4600 in Windows or Linux.

You definitely need an AMD discrete GPU when running Ventura on a Haswell system. As the HD4600 is not supported in Ventura. Drivers etc. have been removed by Apple.

Also you would be better served using just a dGPU and the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. Disabling the HD4600 in the bios or with a suitable boot argument/SSDT, if you need the HD4600 in Windows or Linux.
thanks for the reply.

Can I use any of the DGPUs listed in this guide:
https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/amd-gpu.html#native-amd-gpus
(which states the models compatible with Monterey), or specific models in this list with Ventura?

Thanks

No, those cards are not supported in Ventura. Support for those older cards was dropped by Apple with the release of Ventura, so they would be bad choice in my opinion.

These newer RX400 and RX500 series of cards would be a better option. Just be careful if you are looking at the less expensive RX550 cards as some come with the Lexa chip and don't work.

# Polaris 10 & 20 cards

I recently purchased two RX 470 8GB cards from the same seller on eBay. One cost £65 the other cost £70 plus £5 postage for each. Both work in Ventura without any issues. They replaced a pair of older Nvidia cards that lost native support when Monterey was released. So looking in the secondhand market can be fruitful if you are careful.

Back