Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I purchased the line of specs recommended on the website and was wondering if anyone had success getting sleep mode to work. I also had bluetooth working perfectly for a few hours and then the mouse starting jumping around. Thanks.

Well, bluetooth seemed to work itself out. However, sleep mode still does not work. The system goes to sleep and turns back on.

Multibeast has the option for hibernation and I installed it. I purchased from the recommended hardware list. I find it hard to believe that no one else bought or has a configuration like this. I posted this a while ago and Google has already indexed this post as number one for this issue. It's too bad no one has got it worked out.

Why is this board and the multibeast option for sleep mode even recommended if it does not work?

Well, bluetooth seemed to work itself out. However, sleep mode still does not work. The system goes to sleep and turns back on.

Multibeast has the option for hibernation and I installed it. I purchased from the recommended hardware list. I find it hard to believe that no one else bought or has a configuration like this. I posted this a while ago and Google has already indexed this post as number one for this issue. It's too bad no one has got it worked out.

Why is this board and the multibeast option for sleep mode even recommended if it does not work?

Have you done basic troubleshooting?

if not try running pmset -g assertions to see if anything shows up that might be keeping it awake.

Edited to add
I had a similar problem on my Z77X-UD5H when I first set it up - it was just a matter of setting up the bios in a way that allowed sleep. I have not seen the bios setting for the Z87X-UD5H but I posted my Z77X-UD5H bios setting here if you want to have a look and see if similar settings work for you.

I disabled "Wake on LAN" in the bios and both shutdown and sleep work perfectly. It might also be helpful to uncheck the box "Wake for network access" in OS X power saver options.

It seems that everything I can nearly think of now works including bluetooth. If someone reading this thread is having an issue with a "jumping mouse" you might be able to fix the issue by resetting the PRAM and NVRAM. Instructions can be found here.

The only thing that doesn't work for me, is the ability to sign into the Mac App store with my own ID. It seems there is an "unknown error" message that is keeping me from logging in.

After some research, it appears that some have found a fix by modifying the order of their network devices, or making sure their country code is set correctly. However, none of the fixes have worked for me as of yet.

Thanks for the tips, and I hope this will help others!

UPDATE: I think disabling Wake on LAN might have helped. However, when I tried my to use my Magic Mouse, the problem started again. It could be the Bluetooth adapter I'm using: Kinivo BTD-300 (which by the way works great on OS X) but has caused more than one issue so far. The other is not being able to see the bios screen.

I've removed the Bluetooth adapter and settled with both a wired Apple keyboard and Mighty Mouse, and once again the issue seems to be resolved.

I think perhaps my last minor pet peeve, is how to get OS X from changing the bios time to the UK, which seems to cause an issue in Windows 7 and 8.

Also, for anyone trying to boot into their Windows 8 install, you have to select the System Reserved partition.

Are you using wifi?

if you are using wifi it could be interfering with your Bluetooth signal - hence "jumping mouse"

try disabling wifi and see if your Bluetooth works properly.

edited to add
I have seen some reports of people adjusting the antennae on their wifi card and it resolving interference issues with their bluetooth. For me I removed my wifi card as I don't need it due to having gigabit ethernet

Are you using wifi?

if you are using wifi it could be interfering with your Bluetooth signal - hence "jumping mouse"

Oddly, that only happened the first time I installed Mavericks. The second time around I did not encounter the issue. Well, at least it had not happened yet. The first time it took a day or so before it started doing it.

It could very well be that WiFi was interfering, however, at this point sleep mode and the ability to shutdown from Mavericks, is more important than the Magic Mouse, even though I really love its features.

I'd say overall I'm pretty happy with the success I've had with this build. Now if I can only login to the app store.

Thanks to the suggestions, I was able to troubleshoot a few things and get everything mostly working.

to resolve your issue with not being able to access the App Store - try this

Open your Finder and navigate to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist

Once you have done that go to System Preferences/Network and delete ALL the different connections there

reboot

Once system is up and running again

Open System Preferences/Network and add your Ethernet Connection before you add any other connection (this will ensure that it is en0), you can add the other ones afterwards or later. You should also ensure that your org.chameleon.Boot.plist contains the following entry
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

reboot

when you are up and running again test that the App Store login now works or iMessage or iCloud whatever you had an issue connecting to.

EDITED to ADD
connect to the App Store using ethernet the first time - this may or may not be critical now that you have the ethernet on en0 but I always do it this way anyway - after the first successful connection using ethernet you can use wifi if you wish

GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 Sleep Mode, Bluetooth, Mac App Store Unknown Error, Bios Time, AppleRTC Patch

to resolve your issue with not being able to access the App Store - try this

Open your Finder and navigate to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist

Once you have done that go to System Preferences/Network and delete ALL the different connections there

reboot

Once system is up and running again

Open System Preferences/Network and add your Ethernet Connection before you add any other connection (this will ensure that it is en0), you can add the other ones afterwards or later. You should also ensure that your org.chameleon.Boot.plist contains the following entry
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

reboot

when you are up and running again test that the App Store login now works or iMessage or iCloud whatever you had an issue connecting to.

EDITED to ADD
connect to the App Store using ethernet the first time - this may or may not be critical now that you have the ethernet on en0 but I always do it this way anyway - after the first successful connection using ethernet you can use wifi if you wish

That worked perfectly! I didn't bother connecting first through ethernet but it still fixed the issue.

For anyone looking to resolve the issue with incorrect time in Windows, and OS X changing it in the bios after restarting, the below commands resolved the issue for me.

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Thanks to the contributor at this link. Everything has been resolved!

Hi

How did you finaly get bluetooth working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back