Contribute
Register

GA-Z87MX-D3H Build is unstable - Should I refund or replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Dual Radeon
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I'm still working on this project: http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g4/107093-glados-mac-g4-science-fun.html

and I've ran into a snag. I bought the components on Black Friday and Cyber Monday to get the best deals possible, and now after more than a week of troubleshooting I'm finding my build is still an unstable pile of sadness :(

I've read some reviews on newegg and other sites and it seems like Gigabyte's GA-Z87MX-D3H is pretty hit and miss, lot of folks are having the same kinds of random BSOD/Crashes as I am. This problem exists in both Mavericks and Windows 7 64-Bit, so I'm pretty well convinced that it really is a hardware problem. The question is: I bought this board on Amazon, and I can either get a refund or a replacement. Now, maybe I was just unlucky and got a bad board, and replacing it with a good one would seem to make sense. Then again, If there are bad "batches" of these boards, I might just get other problems with a new one. My current build is a Haswell 4770K, 32GB of RAM, and an nVidia GTX780 graphics card. Would I really be missing out if I downgraded to an Ivy-Bridge system? I'm forced to stay with mATX boards, and noticed that now Z77 boards were offered in that form factor.

Any advice is welcome.

Me personally i would stay with Haswell as i am in the process of building a haswell box right now.

Thanks, I thought it over and I'm going to get a replacement. I checked the error messages in windows and Mavericks, and both seem to be related to DISK-I/O. Maybe the chipset is faulty? Amazon is awesome for exchanges and refunds, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back