Contribute
Register

ga-z77x-up4 Non-Working Rear USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would keep trying to install it. Also, after install I would do another rebuild of your perms/caches. If you get an error the kext will not work. Keep trying, it is worth the effort. ;-)

I have attached my installed kext. It works 100%

Cheers, AC3.

Attachments

• GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip
    45.9 KB · Views: 121
repairing permissions and rebuilding the kext cache did it..... rebooted with the -f flag, and BAM! All USB ports work. Thanks so much!

Hi there,

unfortunately I have an up4 TH, too and unfortunately none of all the Tips in the Internet are working at least a bit ):
I bought it, as is stood in the Buyers Guide, but as I realized, that the USB isn`t working,it was too late for me.
My try the last few days was, to set it up with the Generic Kext as recommended here. But the Hell it does not work. I installed the Kext with the Kext Wizard and after installing I repaired the cache and so on with the tool, booted -f flagged and rebooted but nothing helps and nothing will help,
whether with my mouse or various USB 2.0 Sticks (I don't have an USB 3.0 device and tried the Intel Ports as well as the Via ones).
But what am I doing wrong?
Please help me getting out of this mess!

System:
i7 3770k
ga-z77-up4 TH
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Corsair 1200W Power supply
Samsung SSD

Thanks for any help and please excuse my english, because I am not a native speaker.

Has no one an Idea? :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back