Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I have a built of Gagabyte Z77X WB + 3770K + GTX 560 Ti + 240GB Sandisk SSD.
My screen goes black and I cannot boot into it at all. I followed this instruction
(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R231mU1SwOQ) from start to finish. I have updated my bios F14 as the video suggested, but no luck. In this youtube video he asked me to change Graphics enable = No. When I do that I cannot even log into my Hackintosh even with PCIRootUID=0. I am a newbie. Need your help guys. I installed twice from start.
Now I cannot even login to my mac at all. I dont know how to change settings outside my mac to put "Graphics Enable = Yes".
I tried -v as well to see if I can log in.
Any suggestions appreciated. This is my first Hackintosh built.
Thanks in advance guys.

If that is your only computer you are using I would say it is a risky issue. Please have another computer handy before proceeding!

Well since my system is similar to yours, I may be of help.

What I think you need to do is first make sure your motherboard's BIOS settings are same/similar to Gerard71's settings here (esp. the video settings, with 32MB as RAM and detection set to Auto)
> http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-gigabyte-ga-z77x-up5-th-thunderbolt-106.html

Once that is done with, then you need to make sure that the connection you have on your display connection works, and that is via the DVI port on the motherboard. I don't know if your motherboard has a graphics card built in, but I am assuming it is probably an Intel HD4000 like mine. If you have the 560Ti Nvidia, I would suggest to take it out for the time being until the setup/system has been set and working correctly. From what I found, it is easier to setup the system to run on the Intel HD4000 first before moving onto setting up the Nvidia because the initial installation of OSX doesn't seem to have the right Nvidia drivers for Hackintosh setups even though on ML 10.8.2 now they are supposed to be native.

So what I would do is, first connect your monitor via DVI to the DVI port on the motherboard. If you have HDMI only (or DVI > HDMI on the monitor), you could try that as well but DVI seems to be the only thing working for most people right now with the built-in graphics.

Next, if you can still boot into Chameleon on Hackintosh, I would try to run Verbose and Single User Mode by pressing Space Bar and then -v -s
And then from there, edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist from the command prompt:

nano /Extra/com.chameleon.Boot.plist

then edit whatever is needed and press Control-X to save and exit.

For me, in my current org.chameleon.boot.plist, this is my info (after the Plist header section) which runs on both my Intel card and Nvidia card (also 560Ti):

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

If the above changes fails, stick to them, but reboot the system with -v -x to go into OSX Safe Mode. It should log in almost with no problems. If you still can't run it even in Safe Mode, then you need to do a reinstallation again from your USB stick with the new BIOS settings above.

After you're able to boot into your system and know that it works, THEN install Multibeast 5.1.3 with the relevant minimal drivers. For me it was just User DSDT, Realtek 898 Audio WITHOUT DSDT, the Nvidia Fermi Open CL Patch (first box on the list) and hNak's Intel1000ESD drivers as everything else worked right out of the box. After I installed the Multibeast drivers I shutdown the system, installed my Nvidia card (connecting to the farthest HDMI port on my card which is near the top where the screwhole is on the plate) and just rebooted with -v (to check if everything was ok). That worked for me.

Hope that helps

If that is your only computer you are using I would say it is a risky issue. Please have another computer handy before proceeding!

Well since my system is similar to yours, I may be of help.

What I think you need to do is first make sure your motherboard's BIOS settings are same/similar to Gerard71's settings here (esp. the video settings, with 32MB as RAM and detection set to Auto)
> http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-gigabyte-ga-z77x-up5-th-thunderbolt-106.html

Once that is done with, then you need to make sure that the connection you have on your display connection works, and that is via the DVI port on the motherboard. I don't know if your motherboard has a graphics card built in, but I am assuming it is probably an Intel HD4000 like mine. If you have the 560Ti Nvidia, I would suggest to take it out for the time being until the setup/system has been set and working correctly. From what I found, it is easier to setup the system to run on the Intel HD4000 first before moving onto setting up the Nvidia because the initial installation of OSX doesn't seem to have the right Nvidia drivers for Hackintosh setups even though on ML 10.8.2 now they are supposed to be native.

So what I would do is, first connect your monitor via DVI to the DVI port on the motherboard. If you have HDMI only (or DVI > HDMI on the monitor), you could try that as well but DVI seems to be the only thing working for most people right now with the built-in graphics.

Next, if you can still boot into Chameleon on Hackintosh, I would try to run Verbose and Single User Mode by pressing Space Bar and then -v -s
And then from there, edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist from the command prompt:

nano /Extra/com.chameleon.Boot.plist

then edit whatever is needed and press Control-X to save and exit.

For me, in my current org.chameleon.boot.plist, this is my info (after the Plist header section) which runs on both my Intel card and Nvidia card (also 560Ti):

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

If the above changes fails, stick to them, but reboot the system with -v -x to go into OSX Safe Mode. It should log in almost with no problems. If you still can't run it even in Safe Mode, then you need to do a reinstallation again from your USB stick with the new BIOS settings above.

After you're able to boot into your system and know that it works, THEN install Multibeast 5.1.3 with the relevant minimal drivers. For me it was just User DSDT, Realtek 898 Audio WITHOUT DSDT, the Nvidia Fermi Open CL Patch (first box on the list) and hNak's Intel1000ESD drivers as everything else worked right out of the box. After I installed the Multibeast drivers I shutdown the system, installed my Nvidia card (connecting to the farthest HDMI port on my card which is near the top where the screwhole is on the plate) and just rebooted with -v (to check if everything was ok). That worked for me.

Hope that helps

I followed your instructions man, I main problem I had was with the graphics card. If I remove the graphics card I was able to log into my OS. But when I put the graphics card (EVGA GTX 560ti 448 core Classified ultra) back, I cannot log into my OS.
Is there a fix for this.
Is there anything that I need to do to make my OS X recognize my graphics card ?

Thanks You

You may need to download the Nvidia drivers for that card. Also i think that card runs with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back