Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H Multibeast HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any more suggestions? Excuse me... any more suggestions that pertain to my issue?

I'm completely new to building computers. I am lucky I have made it this far in the hack but please help me out? I'm doing my best to search the forums but its difficult when I don't even know what to search for. I've shown screen caps, taken pictures of error lists. What else can I do to HELP YOU, HELP ME?

I have reinstall ML at least 25 times now. i've got that part down to the tee. I think my problem is somewhere with either selecting the right setting for MY PARTS AND SYSTEM or setting the right setting in the BIOS.

I guess I'll have to start taking pictures of each step I do and post them. Maybe that will get me some where.

I'M SORRY I'M VENTING A BIT, BUT IM A LITTLE FRUSTRATED AND STUCK.

Just in case you forgot: I've gotten everything to work except I am having issues with the graphics. I posted in the graphics section but nobody has replied.

Ok, Im done ranting for now and I'm off to go take pictures of each and every step. Be back in a little bit to post a ton more.

Step by Step

ML Installed. First step: Copying over downloaded files from USB drive because I was tired of downloading them over and over again.

Then Installed and opened Multibeast. These are my selections. Start install.

Install complete this window comes up. I install.

Then select this one. And continue Install. Restart is prompted afterwards.

After restart this window comes up. I set up keyboard, move on.

Chimera 1.11.0 installed

Chimera success.

Chameleon Wizard installed, this selection made.

i386 folder selected

my hard drive selected

these are the setting i have selected

This is as far as I will show. This gives me functionality of audio, ethernet, and so far everything I need. EXCEPT the graphics malfunction still exists (this is the flickering I have described many times before). I have tried many of the suggestions from this thread multiple times and have even tried mixed them up to see what might work but I haven't found the right one.

I'm hoping that a picture by picture, step by step will help clear things up since I can't explain my attempts very well. Am I on the right path? Am I doing something completely wrong?

Much thanks for you time and your patience. Again, please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Hi Sean,

Good for you that you keep trying,... don't give up! Consider yourself lucky with the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H and the Intel i& 3770K. They are most compatible with OS X 10.8 without too much work.

For what I can see, you're trying too hard! A question. Do you have two physical disks? One for Windows and the other for Mac OS X? If yes, than no worries. Intalling both OSes on one disk can be tricky and is not recommended. Do you have a spare (third) disk?

In my experience you don't need Chamelon Wizard to make changes for you, as it also overwrites some settings in your "org.Chameleon.boot.plist" that you want in there. Are you able to edit the org.Chameleon.boot.plist file manually, for example using PlistEdit or any other TextEditor? I (and a lot of others) got my system working great without messing with the Boot0Md options.... for example, but then again I have two seperate SSD's, one each for Windows and Mac OS X.

Based on your screen shots it looks like you select too much in Multibeast. Or do you select the submenu items in for example the Realtek section? You definitely don't want to select everything in the Realtek subsection. If you select 64-Graphics Enabler=No in MultiBeast and than don't select it in Chamelon Wizard (Graphics Enabler under Graphics) afterwards, Chamelon Wizard probably overwrites this and sets it to Yes.

This is by the way what you need. GraphicsEnabler=Yes. The Intel HD4000 only works with GraphicsEnabler set to Yes in org.Chameleon.boot.plist.

Could you post a copy (text) of your org.Chameleon.boot.plist? It is located in /Extra

A last tip. Assuming you have a working 10.7.4. (or earlier) installation. Install/buy software like SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC). Install Mountain Lion up to the point that you still need the Unibeast USB sick to boot up. That is prior to using Multibeast or installing Chimera on the drive you have installed ML. Install CCC on your 10.7.4. build, and make a backup copy of your ML disk to for example a 16 USB stick! Just make a clone or an image... If you think you have messed up, restore the image using CCC. Select the 16 GB USB stick as source and the ML disk as target and youre done. You can then boot up using the Unibeast USB and continue trying. That will save you a lot of time.

Keep trying and good luck!

Hello readers,

Today i have started my first build with the GA-Z77X-uD5H with a intel i7 3770K. Ive installed every thing up to Multibeast correctly and that is where i am now stuck. I dont have a user DSDT and by reading some threads it appears i don't need one but all help guides i've read give instruction on the basis that the DSDT does some areas for the hackintosh for you. I ask your help on which of these options i should be selecting on the premiss i have no UserDSDT.

Thanks

Hey Seannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, click the link in my signature and have a look at my build. I have the same mobo/CPU combo as you but i'm running Lion rather than ML. I had trouble with MultiBeast at first because I was selecting too many options in one go. Try just selecting one option, then reboot, then another option, etc etc. Don't forget to do a Time Machine backup before using MultiBeast, just incase anything goes wrong and you need to go back to the start! Oh, and i didn't select 'User DSDT' but my build works very well! :thumbup:

The most important thing is to never give up. If you're getting stressed just give yourself a break for a while, chill out a bit and start again with a fresh mind.

What other settings you have in BIOS. I have done that and still it is auto wakeing from sleep.

Hmm, I've had a lot of problems with freeze at BIOS Bootscreen after restarting, waking after first sleep and very slow shutdown.

I loaded optimized defaults in bios and only made the following changes:

Disabled VIA 1394 Controller
Disabled PCH LAN Controller
Changed xHCI Mode from Smart Auto to Auto
Disabled both Marvel Controller

Now sleep is working perfectly, shutdown is really fast.
But I still got some random freezes at the bios post screen after choosing restart in OS X.

Hmm, I've had a lot of problems with freeze at BIOS Bootscreen after restarting, waking after first sleep and very slow shutdown.

I loaded optimized defaults in bios and only made the following changes:

Disabled VIA 1394 Controller
Disabled PCH LAN Controller
Changed xHCI Mode from Smart Auto to Auto
Disabled both Marvel Controller

Now sleep is working perfectly, shutdown is really fast.
But I still got some random freezes at the bios post screen after choosing restart in OS X.

If I disable PCH LAN Controller I am loosing my internet connection. I am using Intel Ethernet board.

By both Marvel, you mean LAN controller and SATA controller ?

My first sleep is working fine and wake also, but the rest (second, third, etc) are auto wake-ing after 3 seconds...

Thanks for replying.

My first sleep is working fine and wake also, but the rest (second, third, etc) are auto wake-ing after 3 seconds...

Thanks for replying.

Some of us have solved the 'auto-waking' after 3 seconds by disabling the 'wake on lan" option in BIOS. Did you already tried that?

yes, WOL is disabled.

If I disable PCH LAN Controller I am loosing my internet connection. I am using Intel Ethernet board.

By both Marvel, you mean LAN controller and SATA controller ?

No I mean both Marvel SATA Controller.
I also can not promise you 100% that those bios tweaks where the only things that are responsible for solving my problems. But I can not remember done something else.

Sleep is still a white screen (not too worried anymore).

Did anyone find out a way to solve this minor "sleep is still a white screen" issue? I too have the same annoying glitch on my UP5 TH. I dont even have a graphics card yet so still using HD 4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back