Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H Multibeast HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What version of unibeast did you put on the bootUSB?

Different SMBIOS give me different P States.

If I run the iMac 12,2 I get 16 and my maximum turbo multiplier (39 if that's my max or 43 if I'm over clocking)
If I run MacPro 3,1 I get 16-17-18-19-20-and my maximum turbo multiplier.
I'm in the middle of trying some things on a fresh install at the moment so I can't grab the exact numbers but with the MacBook Pro 8,1 I get something along the lines of 16-20-24-and my maximum turbo multiplier.

After I get done with what I'm doing I'll grab the exact numbers from the MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS.

Aries4Life: I'd be interested in hearing how this works out. I'm a noob on the OC stuff. I'm using MacPro 3,1 and have my multiplier set to 42 and RAM profile1 so it will stick at 1600. Otherwise, 16GB Vengeance low profile defaults to 1333. Don't know if it's the RAM or mobo or ?? Gives me a Geekbench of ~14500 in 10.8, which is about 500 less than 10.7.4. Another thing to figure out....

Anyways, so as not to hijack the thread, ML was a challenge for me - much of it due to the Radeon 68xx issues. I tried removing the ATI6000.kext from Unibeast but still had problems. I ended up just pulling the card and using the onboard graphics. With a Yamakasi Catleap attached, this crashed even before getting to the BIOS screen. Ugh! Didn't try to trouble shoot - just plugged in a different monitor.

I used Unibeast 1.5.1. Instead of USB, I have an 8GB partition on an old hard drive. This and SSD makes the (re)install faster when things don't work. After Unibeast, on a clean install, I ran Multibeast. UserDSDT (nothing on desk top), system Utils, Realtek audio checks, Disk TRIM for SSD, and bootloaders. I did NOT disable GraphicsEnabler. This left me without ethernet, so ran MB again with hnak's AppleIntelE1000e and Realtek checked (shotgun approach). With cable in top (Intel?) port, ethernet was working. Haven't tested other port. Shut down, reinstalled the 6870 and Catleap and it booted right up.

So, having succeeded with clean install, I wiped the SSD and reloaded it with my 10.7.4 backup, which I had saved earlier with CCC. Removed the graphics card again and repeated the process as an upgrade. Everything worked, except 10.8's new security complained about running MB. Fixed that in prefs and proceeded. Sound works from orange port, bluetooth with homemade adapter OK but kind of lost after wake from sleep. I've just gone to shutting completely down as boot from cold is <30 seconds.

Got ethernet working.
Audio works I think, not confirmed.
Now I have an issue with when I open a new tab in safari and it shows the tiles of recent sites, it flickers often. Same goes for animated banners and ads.
Sleep is still a white screen (not too worried anymore).

My specs again:
i7-3770k processor
Ga-z77x-ud5h board
Ballistix 8gb (2- 4gb) ddr3 pc3- 12800 cl9 1.5v
Crucial m4 128gb ssd
Fatality 750w power supply
Cool master hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

I have some pictures. Is there anything else I can show or explain to get some help?

Attachments

• IMAG0652.jpg
    IMAG0652.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 1.18.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 1.18.06 PM.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 1.18.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 1.18.28 PM.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 1.18.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 1.18.35 PM.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 1.18.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 1.18.44 PM.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 1.18.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 1.18.52 PM.png
    142 KB · Views: 290
This looks promising. I'll give it a try once I get off work tonight. Thanks!

Steps to working build with Ivy Bridge + GTX 580 video

I got my GA-Z77X-UDH5 with i7-3770K, 16GB RAM and GTX 580 working yesterday. Steps:

1. ML Unibeast to create installer.
2. Update my GA-Z77X-UDH5 to latest BIOS (F8). Leave native video ram at 64. (Otherwise instant KP, even booting off flash drive.)
3. Disable video card power. (Did not need to pull card all the way out.) Installs OK leaving all 16GB RAM installed.
4. Boot off flash. Format SSD. Install ML.
5. Reboot from flash, still using built in video. Choose Mountain Lion in Chimera.
6. Run MultiBeast. DSDT without any file. Choose support for video card. Choose support for both ethernet controllers on Mobo.
7. Reboot for sanity check. It can boot into Mountain Lion directly now.
8. Re-enable video card. Leave BIOS settings on auto for video selection.

Good to go!

This leaves it in the state of GraphicsEnabler=Yes, which is good because if I choose GraphicsEnabler=No at boot up in Chimera, it kernel panics very quickly.
The only remaining problem is that when I try to shut down, it automatically restarts. Sleep and wake from sleep work fine.

h2o

The only remaining problem is that when I try to shut down, it automatically restarts. Sleep and wake from sleep work fine.

h2o

Well, not quite. Wake from sleep is not working. It didn't work under Lion, either, but I just figured that was because Lion did not have native Ivy Bridge support.

h2o

Aries4Life: I'd be interested in hearing how this works out. I'm a noob on the OC stuff. I'm using MacPro 3,1 and have my multiplier set to 42 and RAM profile1 so it will stick at 1600. Otherwise, 16GB Vengeance low profile defaults to 1333. Don't know if it's the RAM or mobo or ?? Gives me a Geekbench of ~14500 in 10.8, which is about 500 less than 10.7.4. Another thing to figure out....

[snip, snip]

... This left me without ethernet, so ran MB again with hnak's AppleIntelE1000e and Realtek checked (shotgun approach). With cable in top (Intel?) port, ethernet was working. Haven't tested other port....

[snip]

Well, I said I'd grab the exact multipliers on the MacBook 8,1 SMBios; 16-23-27-39 (set max turbo multipliers at 39 for the time being).

The bottom port is an Atheros chip.
I've had better luck with the Atheros than the Intel on the Z77X-UD5H. That's a bummer for me - I had my heart set on using the Intel but it's too flakey in ML.

My motherboard also reboots everytime I try to shutdown even pressing and holding for seconds on the power button. I don't get why it is doing this. Someone suggested replacing the cmos battery, but I haven't tried that yet.

Well, not quite. Wake from sleep is not working. It didn't work under Lion, either, but I just figured that was because Lion did not have native Ivy Bridge support.

h2o

Removing CpuNullPowerManagement tool care of both the problem with automatic restarting at shutdown and inability to wake after sleep. only problem seems to be when selecting sleep, it wakes up right away, and then I have to select sleep agian, and then it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back