Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X UD5H - i7 3770k - GTX 460 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, after I completed the installation and got to my desktop, I shutdown my pc and put my Ram and graphics card back in. Does it work when you replace them? Also, is your processor a sandy bridge CPU? That's the only reason I could think of.
Is there any other hardware in your machine at all? any other drives or PCI cards besides the HDD for OS X and the graphics card?
Safe mode generally stops any other drivers from working, so to me it would sound like there is a hardware conflict. But I dont know that much, just trying to help you out! goodluck. and please tell me if you have any success.

P.S. One after thought I just had. If you can get it to boot at native resolution with your RAM and graphics card in, then is there really any issue? You can change the Chameleon boot.org plist (I believe its called something like that) to tell it to start up in safe mode each time. Then you dont have to enter the boot flag in each time. Just google it. I hope this helps!

just received my new motherboard from rma. green jack doesn't work too. i'm so angry!
i have replied again to amazon.it, now i'm waiting their answer

just received my new motherboard from rma. green jack doesn't work too. i'm so angry!
i have replied again to amazon.it, now i'm waiting their answer

hej i have the line out jack " green " it is the p jack in manual working with 2 channel sound
i just ran multi beast 5,0,2 and alc 898 without dsdt

bios f14

hej i have the line out jack " green " it is the p jack in manual working with 2 channel sound
i just ran multi beast 5,0,2 and alc 898 without dsdt

bios f14

what do you mean by the P jack?

It seems some of us are lucky, some of us arent. I dont think RMA will help much, seeing as the green jack does work perfectly in Windows.

f14 doesn' resolve anything.
there are 2 revision of motherboard (both have the same name 1.0)
the first has the problem of the green jack, the second doesn't have it

it even depends on where you buy the motherboad.
amazon italy has only the broken one

F14 definitly does not solve the green jack issue.

I have had this board up and running for around two months now and I have not missed the green jack. The only thing the green jack enables is the front headphone socket, if you can live without that it's not an issue.

It would be nice to have everything 100%, but 99.5% will have to do.

It would be nice to have everything 100%, but 99.5% will have to do.

I would have to agree with this. I really have no "issue" that the green jack does not work, but I would like to be able to use two jacks (eg, the black and orange jacks) at the same time, so I have my front speakers, and my bass speaker. Does anyone know how to do this? I have tried to use the MIDI setup, but that does not work.

It appears South Africa has the "bad jack" version of the board too :/ But its not the end of the world. Not in the least. I would just like my surround sound.

have you solved about usb disconnect after wake up?

Congratulations, Nice job on your build... I totally agree with you about the green port... at first a minor irritation but then 5.1 is not important to me.

It takes patience and time to tinker with your Hack even with the right hardware to get everything "Perfect"
Then when you troubleshoot a problem just do one item at a time a check the result

I have the same build with a few hardware differences (Radeon 6870 - SSD and such) but rock solid.
I don't take credit but read read read as they say... Mr Eddy's, Slugnet's and other builds all added to my knowledge and gave me the fixes I needed.

One: XHCI to Auto and EHCI Hand Off Disabled fixed most sleep problems with THIS motherboard but I am sure not all Z77 motherboards
Two: IOGear GBU521W6 Bluetooth plugged into back USB 2.0 hub would wake up my build but when I added an additional USB 2.0 connector to the motherboard and plugged the Bluetooth into that it worked OOB perfect.
Three: Why does my mouse lag when waking from sleep? Well someone commented that when he pushed his ram to 1600 using a Profile that is what happened. Nah can't be I have Corsair Vengeance DDR3 that clearly says 1600!!! Wrong that was it and so when I swapped out ram from another build now perfect.

Oh I say rock solid build but besides the green port I get the USB 3.0 Hub error "asked for 400mA but got 0 mA" and I did the VIA firmware update. Oh see...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nside-ga-z77x-ud5h-usb3-problem-under-ml.html

Again another read that helped.

Sorry drifting... good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back