Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X UD5H - i7 3770k - GTX 460 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three: Why does my mouse lag when waking from sleep? Well someone commented that when he pushed his ram to 1600 using a Profile that is what happened. Nah can't be I have Corsair Vengeance DDR3 that clearly says 1600!!! Wrong that was it and so when I swapped out ram from another build now perfect.

Wow, I have been searching for a fix to this for a good week now to no avail.

I had a rock solid build, then set the timings to max using the profile function.

Due to other unrelated issues that sprung up at the same time, I didn't notice the correlation between sleep not working and the ram timings.

Thank you so much for mentioning that, as I doubt I would have found the fix for a good long while had I not just started reading all the builds with my mobo to see what I did differently.

- Yamar

Hi TheAquired,

How do you swap the video card from HD4000 to GTX 460?
I have some setup with different MB (ASROCK E-ITX). But I cannot make the GTX as primary display.
If I change the BIOS to boot from GTX, once I boot into OSX.
My screen is black at all.

However, HD 4000 works perfectly.

Thanks for your help!

This is the most noobish question but I want to build your exact build but I am really unfamiliar with mobo bios. What do you mean by First I flashed my BIOS to the latest version (F14)? I understand unibeast and multibeast but have no idea what to do in mobo bios, i dont know what uefi is, stuff like that. I cant find a good forum explaining that. I am buying your exact mobo. Thanks!

The motherboard's user manual will give you a lot of the information you need. Go to Gigabyte's web site and pick the Z77X-UD5H page. You can download the manual and start reading to get a better understanding of the motherboard. The manual will speak to the BIOS.

You can also see the current BIOS version, too, which is F14. I highly recommend you do not upgrade to a F1Xa BIOS version where suffix letter, such as "a", means the BIOS version is a Beta version.

thanks a lot! i see what you mean on that page about the bios version f14. what kind of file is that? do i download it once im booted into osx? do I download it and put it on a flash drive onto a new computer? i dont get how to flash the bios. again forgive me for not knowing anything haha

thanks a lot! i see what you mean on that page about the bios version f14. what kind of file is that? do i download it once im booted into osx? do I download it and put it on a flash drive onto a new computer? i dont get how to flash the bios. again forgive me for not knowing anything haha

Hi,
Weel for me, since I had a working windows installation, I used the software that came with the motherboard. It was called @bios if I am not mistaken. It will check to see whether a newer bios has been released, then if so, will download that file and install it for you, all from within windows (if memory serves me correctly, sorry, this was done a while ago)

that should be all. definitely do not go with a beta version. if you have any other troubles along the way, feel free to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back