Contribute
Register

GA-Z77M-D3H Success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else getting kernel panics every other boot or so with this version of VoodooHDA?

Many versions of VoodooHDA cause random panics during booting. It has been found that if the loading of the kext can be delayed, it avoids the kernel panic.

Someone made a utility to delay the loading of VoodooHDA and maybe you should check it out:

http://code.google.com/p/voodoo-launcher/

Yeah - after using unibeast to install ML. Ran Multibeast, Tried the Voodoo 2.7.3, didnt work

Fresh install, Tried VT 2021 in Multibeast, didnt work

Fresh install, Found some drivers here. http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3041 - used kext utility, didnt work

Fresh install, VoodooHDA loader, (using the drivers from the VT 2021 in multibeast), didnt work

Argh :( i knew what i was getting into getting this mobo tho

Can't play video.

VLC Debug Log:
vout_macosx error: no OpenGL hardware acceleration found. this can lead to slow output and unexpected results
main error: video output creation failed
main warning: can't get output picture
main debug: Decoder buffering done in 259 ms
main warning: audio output out of sync, adjusting dates (-40035 us)
main warning: not synchronized (-40035 us), resampling
main warning: buffer too early (-40452), down-sampling
macosx debug: no optical media found
main warning: resampling stopped after 11125591 usec (drift: -590)

The same with onboard video.
QuickTime and internet video doesn't play too.

Please help!

This one is working perfectly for GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP r1.0 F6

If I remember correctly, what I did was first remove the AppleHDA.kext and then download the VoodooHDA 2.7.3 installer from here http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/

After that, do the normal installation of the 2.7.3. Then I installed the VIA2021.kext (included as attachment).

Once done, go to System Preference -> Sound -> Output -> Scroll down to Line-out (Green Rear) or Headphones (Green Front)

Voila. You got yourself a working Sound

I too have a ga-Z77M-d3h-mvp, and I followed your steps, but I can't boot on the drive. Running is -v I get the following message (Considerrebuildofprelinkedlernel com.apple.driver.appleHWSenser triggered rebuild). Here is my hardware list

GA-Z77M-d3h-mvp
intel core celeron
exlier 4 gig ram
ati HD4350 video card

Any ideas?

thank you,
Justin

Also everything runs great with the USB stick in and installing. problems start are MB install and reboot.

Ok great thread.

I finaly got the the mountain lion install to work after feeble atempts of instaling 10.7.. i guess 10.7 doesnt like ivy bridge.. My hard drives were refusing to show up.....

anyway

I ran mb 5.x latest. I have problem though My lan is not working. Iam not finding the atheros kexts that were suposed to be installed by multi beast.

Idk maybe i will try multibeast the op used.

Or manual atheros kext install

I thought atheros was natviely supported out of the box..

I finnaly made the sound work. Tried several times and was getting kernel panic with VoodooHDA2.7.3.

To work, I updated the bios to f13. (it was f4)

Great!!

thank you all

Hi all,

Im loking to build my first hackintosh. I have the ff hardware as of now:

GA-Z77M-D3H
i5 3570K
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
120GB Corsair Force

Pretty much the same as everyone here but no graphics card yet.
Do i really need one or I can use the built in graphics for now?

Thanks,

Almost 100% success for me ... with my GA-Z77-D3H(rev 1.0, F4 Bios) + i5 3570K.

HD4000 GFX :
* QE/CI works with DVI monitor (not on VGA, didn't try HDMI yet)
* AirPlay mirroring (MacMini 6,1 definition was necessary) freezes from time to time during iTunes animation mirroring to TV, but usable anyway.

Sound :
* works thanks to patched AppleHDA.kext

Sleep/wake :
* works most of the time, sometimes partially sleep and doesn't wake.

I also have some occasional KP at boot ... weird.

May be, I'll try flashing to F13, and let you know if solves my last glinches.

Many thanks to all of you :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back