Contribute
Register

GA-Z77M-D3H Success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I have a GA-Z77M-D3H with SB I3 2130 and a Gigabyte GT640. All works but no Sleep and awake

hello,

- Except sleep, does wakeup work also?
- What kind of issues do you have with TimeMachine? what are the symtomps?
- What about the audio quality? is it good enough? Does SPDIF work?
- What kind of connector for video do you use? VGA/DVI/HDMI?

thx

Wake and sleep both work perfect.
Timemachine will not restore from inside Timemachine. (might be something I'm doing)
Audio sounds good no popping. But I have not tested SPDIF
DVI-monitor #1 and DVI to HDMI-monitor#2
I can only use one monitor port on my 9800 gt or I get a white screen.

I have the Z77M-D3H-MVP, confirmed Mountain Lion is working here too. Glad that you got audio to work (mine doesn't yet)... you have Via VT2021, right? Does the VoodooHDA fix work consistently or do you get occasional kernel panics?

I have Via VT2021, with the voodoo 2.7.3 and so far No Panics.
I also deleted AppleHDA before I installed voodoo.

Hello

I have a GA-Z77M-D3H with SB I3 2130 and a Gigabyte GT640. All works but no Sleep and awake

Have you tried running QuickTime or itunes video at full screen then back out of full screen?
Also screen saver?

Running iTunes video at full screen works flawlessly, but the iTunes visualizer crashes when I try to quit out of its fullscreen. (GTX 550Ti, also has sleep/wake issues. Pretty sure that whether sleep/wake works depends on the graphics card and not the motherboard.)

For some reason, I cent get my USB 3.0 to work, did you make any specific selections in Multibeast by chance, I did the setup as required in the BIOS.

With my fresh GT640. Itunes works flawless 1080P Fullscreen Flicks and other, also when i change to normal mode. Screensaver works ,
Only the Sleep and awake has no Function. Older Sleepenabler crashed ML or doesn't work under ML.

GA-Z77X-D3H with i7-3770K and onboard graphics and 16gb

Thanks.

I managed to install Mountain Lion onto the hard drive and can boot via the USB stick but only get so far before it panics.
I tried numerous Bios settings and boot flags. If anyone has this board and has some advice please help.

GA-Z77X-D3H with i7-3770K and onboard graphics and 16gb

Thanks.

I managed to install Mountain Lion onto the hard drive and can boot via the USB stick but only get so far before it panics.
I tried numerous Bios settings and boot flags. If anyone has this board and has some advice please help.

Can you list all you hardware and MultiBeast settings. also list your org.chameleon.Boot.plist under/Extra folder.

System :
GA-Z77M-D3H
Core i3 3.1 GHz
PNY 9800 GT
WD 7200 1TB

Just Finished installing Mountain Lion for about the 20th time, but this time I was able to boot from the hard drive for the first time. I have not tested everything yet. I will post problems as they come up. But right now the system is sold. running bench marks after This post.
Installation:
At this point you should have a ML boot USB with unibeast.
Set Bios Per tonymac artical ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html)
Run UniBeast USB, with PCIRootUID=0 flag.
open disk utility and partition 1 TB drive in half, (This is just what i used. you can use what ever drive you have.)
Installed ML. on first partition and reboot.
Boot with unibeast USB with PCIRootUID=0 and choose The new mountain lion drive.
Now you should be on Desktop With networking and full video but no audio.
Run MB 4.6.1 and choose "User DSDT" with no DSDT; MacPro 3,1 in system definitions; AtherosL1cEthernet under networking make sure to check Repairs Permissions, Thats it.
Goto System/Library/Extensions and delete AppleHDA.kext.
Download VoodooHDA 2.7.3 and install "http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list"
Remove USB and reboot with ML harddrive First Boot.
You should be on desktop with Audio, Networking and Video.
org.Chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Good luck!

This fixed my audio, thank you OP. Didn't have to touch the .plist though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back