1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Like to post my build, I had a few small issues, hopefully will help others with similar build.

My Hackintosh:
i7-3770k
GA-Z77-UD5H (installed with 10.8.6)
GTX670
SSD (200GB for MacOS, 50GB for Win7)
16GB RAM
27" Dell screen (too big, will never get this again :thumbdown:)
couple of HD for data store

[Updated 2014/01/17]
Here is my final Unibeast 3.1 + Multibeast 6.1 configuration:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC898
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.x TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2
Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14
Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0 Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > PCI Root ID Fix
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i5 / i7 Overclocked

Notes & issues:
===========

1. Sound crackle and pop [solved]
Yup, the problem is back, I was reading in the forum somewhere that due to i7 so I chose iMac 13,1 definition for system, change it back to Mac Pro 3,1 the problem is gone. (took me forever to realize this though, lol)

2. Network
Not really a problem, but I installed both Atheros and Intel Hnak because on the manual, we do have these 2 net ports. Both works fine

3. SSDT option
Tried both Core i5/i7, and the over clocked one, no problem so far

4. USB 3.0
Ports at the back works on 2.0 and 3.0, tested with Blackmagic speed test, as for the front port, it never worked well, but I had 2 hubs 2.0 and 3.0 connected from the back so I am ok.

[edit 11/28/2013]
My USB 3.0 stopped working for my USB 3.0 enclosure. None of the port (front or back) recognize it but USB 2.0 port/device works on all ports. (The USB 3.0 enclosure works on my USB 2.0 port)

The fix is to remove the USB3.0xHCI kext file and it works again. Maybe someone can explain.

[Updated 2014/1/17]
It is not really working, but please see post #35 for USB 3.0 related issues [solved]

5. Webcam
Had a USD 20 which works great right off the USB 2.0, didn't bother with other audio test, sorry.

6. BIOS
Wake on Lan - Disabled
AHCI & XHCI - Enabled
Virtualization - Enabled
p.s. I do NOT have sleep problem, schedule boot/sleep works well.

[Updated 2014/1/17]
Shutting down have problem, but please see post #35 for solution [solved]

Overall, it is working very nice with this setup, lots of people are using this so glhf.

Great build very similar to mine, i had the sound popping issue and also found the 3,1 definitions to perform best although I had Mountain lion on 5,1. The front USB work best on the USB3 port towards the bottom of the board.

I have had Mavericks running stable with an over clock, but I 'm having trouble with speed stepping, it is showing 16 & 42 only have you tested with the sandy bridge ssdt's.

Are you guys having issues with bluetooth refusing to reconnect on reboot. In my case I use the Apple keyboard/trackpad. I have to remove/re-add them after every reboot. They seem stable after that.

Is anyone using a Marvell SATA port? I was seeing 400mb/s read/write on my SSD with Lion, and now I get 100/200. I hear Marvell is quite the bane of the SSD community? I would switch to the Intel ports but I have drives there too. I may have to lose the SATA optical drive to solve this.

I had no problems with Messages or App Store, which I guess puts me in the minority. I did delete the network prefs file though when I went to ML.

edit: I will plan on swapping the drives around based on advice given here, and see what happens. I think I went with Marvell for boot because technically it is supposed to be the fastest port? Am I wrong? Of course it seems that fact has no benefit anyway, but interesting that it worked as expected under Lion?

Are you guys having issues with bluetooth refusing to reconnect on reboot. In my case I use the Apple keyboard/trackpad. I have to remove/re-add them after every reboot. They seem stable after that.

Is anyone using a Marvell SATA port? I was seeing 400mb/s read/write on my SSD with Lion, and now I get 100/200. I hear Marvell is quite the bane of the SSD community? I would switch to the Intel ports but I have drives there too. I may have to lose the SATA optical drive to solve this.

I had no problems with Messages or App Store, which I guess puts me in the minority. I did delete the network prefs file though when I went to ML.

I have had no bluetooth problems, but I am using a apple bluetooth adaptor. I don't use the Marvell ports, but I have had nothing but trouble with them. Never been able to successfully test speeds of my SSD as it uses the sandforce controller.

Many thanks jojoxman that's resolved my audio issue and the system is working great... so far!

I think the recommended Tonymac installation method suggests that the SSD containing the OS should always be installed on an Intel port for better operation. That's what I have always done. Put the data drives on Marvel ports.

if the drives on the Intel ports are data drives and not OS drives then just switch the data drives to the Marvel ports and put the OS on an Intel port. If you need more SATA ports get a 2 port or 4port PCIe card for $25.00 and switch the data drives or the optical drives over to that.

Like to post my build, I had a few small issues, hopefully will help others with similar build.

My Hackintosh:
i7-3770k
GA-Z77-UD5H (installed with 10.8.6)
GTX670
SSD (200GB for MacOS, 50GB for Win7)
16GB RAM
27" Dell screen (too big, will never get this again :thumbdown:)
couple of HD for data store

Here is my final Unibeast 3.0 + Multibeast 6.0 configuration:
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC898
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 TRIM PatchDrivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Drivers > Network > Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2
Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > DropSSDT=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i5 / i7 Overclocked
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Notes & issues:
===========

1. Sound crackle and pop [solved]
Yup, the problem is back, I was reading in the forum somewhere that due to i7 so I chose iMac 13,1 definition for system, change it back to Mac Pro 3,1 the problem is gone. (took me forever to realize this though, lol)

2. Network
Not really a problem, but I installed both Atheros and Intel Hnak because on the manual, we do have these 2 net ports. Both works fine

3. SSDT option
Tried both Core i5/i7, and the over clocked one, no problem so far

4. USB 3.0
Ports at the back works on 2.0 and 3.0, tested with Blackmagic speed test, as for the front port, it never worked well, but I had 2 hubs 2.0 and 3.0 connected from the back so I am ok.

5. Webcam
Had a USD 20 which works great right off the USB 2.0, didn't bother with other audio test, sorry.

6. BIOS
Wake on Lan - Disabled
AHCI & XHCI - Enabled
Virtualization - Enabled
p.s. I do NOT have sleep problem, schedule boot/sleep works well.

Overall, it is working very nice with this setup, lots of people are using this so glhf.

Help me with the audio?
I can not get it to work ..

I think some people have issues with the audio after this install.

After you install Multibeast with the audio settings (for this board I used the ALC889), go into System Preferences/Sound/Output and make sure your Internal Speakers are selected.

I've done two of these systems now and each time on the upgrade, I had to go in after installing Multibeast and select the Internal Speakers. Wont work until you do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back