Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H, i7-3770K using HD4000 with full QE/CI, SLEEP, SOUND and ETHERNET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

i have a z77-ds3h and a i5-3450. The ssd is a samsung 830. onboard graphic. Default bios settings, f8 update, activated ahci. I followed the Intructions in the first post with chimera and MultiBeast but my systems boots terribly slow, takes around one minute.
Also sleep mode is not working. I get a white screen and when i click it goes back to desktop. :rolleyes:
I played around with the org.chameleon.Boot.plist but no change.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
You'll need to look at graphics I think. I've seen there are some extra steps for 4000 series on-board graphics????

Ok i switched from onboard graphic to my ati 4870 and have a fast startup now.
And i had to delete the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to go to sleep.

Keep up the good work ! Thanks guys :thumbup:

Another successful GA-Z77 install here. My wife wanted a Mac to do photo work on, so I put together a GA-Z77-DS3H + i5-3570K on an OCZ SSD. It might have been the simplest install yet, there was nearly nothing to do but hit 'Continue'. Might be time to look for a more challenging hobby :^)

Perry

Thank you for the guide!
My configuration -
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
core i5-3450 3,10 64-bit
8 GB DDR3
GeForce 9800 GT

Everything worked great for, except one strange thing -
After I’ve installed Multibeast, all my hard disks were detected as removable media. Why could it be?
Also, I accidently installed AC889 driver instead of AC887. Now I changed to 887, but still have no sound. How can I uninstall audio kext?

Also I noticed that Adobe programs aren't stable - they crashed a lot. Why could it be? May be I should install Sandy bridge kext for Core i5?
Thank you!

Make sure you click on System Preferences and click the Sound Icon and then select Internal Speaker after your install of the 887/888b kext

try -x and -f on boot

Solution for those who has a problem with starting system after installing ML 10.8.2 update
Disable Intel VT-d in BIOS (by default - Enabled)
It solved the problem for me.

All credits to user aeon - who post this solution in the thread "OS X 10.8.2 Update".

I still cant get my ETHERNET to work. I ran the Multibeast and checked the kext for ETHERNET Atheros A1. there anything else i can do????

I still cant get my ETHERNET to work. I ran the Multibeast and checked the kext for ETHERNET Atheros A1. there anything else i can do????
Have searched all day for solution. I've concluded the rev 1.1 doesnt support ethernet. Ended up going out and buying an apple usb-ethernet adapter and works like a charm. Now just having problems setting up iCloud, e.t.c.

Hey all! I am a long time PC builder and musician and I am just about to pull the trigger on a GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H Intel 7 Series Motherboard and Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz Quad Core bundle as a basis for my first Hackintosh build. Great info here and I feel pretty confident from reading all of your posts. Thanks a bunch!
-Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back