Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H, i7-3770K using HD4000 with full QE/CI, SLEEP, SOUND and ETHERNET

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTX 295 supported?

Hey guys,

I know this isn't the right Thread but, does anyone of you know, if the GTX 295 is supported by OS X? I know this Card is old but it still got enough power for me and almost all Games. I am considering building my first Hackintosh including the GTX 295, Intel Core i7-3770K, Gigabyte GBT GA-Z77-DS3H, Samsung SSD 830 Series 64GB, Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800U CL11-11-11-30. If the 295 isn't supported, im going to use the Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 OC.

Thanks.

Btw. sorry for my bad english.

Thank you for this guide! Got everything working perfectly now! Well apart from my Radeon 6850 :/ But the HD 4000 graphics are working so at least I have a usable resolution!

Thanks for sharing, it's working for me on GA-Z77-DS3H/3770K.

Just to add:

- it seems to work only with a single monitor connected (as already mentioned in some comments). To get both DVI and HDMI running, this worked for me:

1. Follow the guide with only one monitor connected (either DVI or HDMI).

Add these steps at the end:

2. Set 'GraphicsEnabler' to 'No' in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

3. See and follow this great post,
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html,
use EFI-string injection method and add the first device-properties (for ig-platform-id: 01660000) to org.chameleon.Boot.plist

For my GA-Z77-DS3H, the first value 01660000 is perfectly working with 2 monitors running in 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 on IGPU only.

The only issue I got left is, I cannot set Graphics Mode to anything higher than 1024x768x32. If I do, I get reboots right after the BIOS screens.
I wonder if this is caused by my monitors not sharing many resolutions, natives are 1920x1080 and 1920x1200.
Any thoughts on that? It's only cosmetic, though.

Just to let everyone know that I am using this mobo with a i5 3570k and if I use the mac pro 3,1 system definition it works perfectly! Sleep, graphics etc :) Its was an aesthetic reason for me having it defined as Mac Pro as my system is in a Mac Pro case!

Mac mirroring

Can anyone confirm if the mirroring works or not ?

Anyways... followed your guide and everything went without a hitch, except I had to add a <key>Graphics Mode</key> <string>1920x1080x32</string> to the chameleon boot plist for my HDTV connected to the DVI port.

I had to do this as well for hdmi to my hdtv. The problem was that every time i boot Mountain Lion via the HDD, it would show the apple load screen fine, but then when it tries to go to the login screen, i get corrupted black screen as if it was trying to figure out a resolution to use. I i unplug and replug my hdmi cable, it automatically fixes itself. I have to do this everytime i reboot, but not when i wake up from sleep. When I boot Moutain Lion via USB, this doesnt happen which is really weird.

With this string that specifically says to use the resolution, the issue goes away.

1.2 Make sure your bios version is F6 and that the default settings are loaded!

where are you guys downloading the F6 bios from? When I go to the gigabyte site for the board, the highest version is F5.

Used this method and seemed to work great. However I get stuck at the Apple Loading Screen (the "gear" never stops). I saw a few other people with this problem but no fix. Any ideas?

Just going to try this. Thanks mate!

I'm trying out the same thing; Wifi works fine; but the 1080p monitor isn't being supported (its showing at 720p).
Also, multi-beast isn't running (asks me for username and passoword; says both are incorrect).
Anything I might be doing wrong?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back