Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H, i7-3770K using HD4000 with full QE/CI, SLEEP, SOUND and ETHERNET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also use GA-Z77-DS3H but with an i5 3570. Could i do the same install in MultiBeast?

thanks for the guide, feels good when OSX 10.8 mountain lion boots to desktop

apart from the motherboard i got
  • Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB Retail
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory
  • Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM - LOUD, don't recommend, works fine but noisy
  • Liteon IHAS124 24X DVD Writer SATA Black OEM - works but disk utility reports doesn't support burning, EDIT: just burned a cd with it
  • antec case from previous system and power supply
installed multibeast with recommended options
have yet to install chimera again, tried last night and apple logo was stuck so i did a clean re-install
screen resolution is 1024x768x32 for my 40" LCD TV, i suppose chimera will fix that
sleep option right now just makes the tv white screen and moving mouse/hitting escape takes it out of that

update
all good now, Chimera installed and edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist properly to get screen resolution to 1680x1050x32 on my Dell 2209wa, sleep seems to work properly to. No Fix yet for loud WD 1tb drive, its annoying.

other random fixes quirks
* some keyboard keys don't repeat on lion/mountain lion, fix: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3190706
* the dvd drive would make a random sound every 10-15 minutes, like it was checking for a disk, fix: system preferences -> energy saver -> uncheck put hard disk to sleep
* sound equalizer for the entire system: free option was soundflower + au lab but I get static distortion after awhile. Program called BOOM also does system wide sound equalizer but you have to pay for it. Boom may be the culprit in computer not automatically going to sleep, i typed in pmset -g assertions and Boom is on the list
* Dual booting with Windows 7 on same noisy WD 1tb drive, used disk utility to partition free space for fat, used windows 7 install dvd. After Windows 7 installs you can't boot into OSX so use the install boot usb you installed OSX mountain lion with to boot into OSX and reinstall chimera.
* Mouse movement felt strange for me, so I installed USB overdrive and speed all the way to right and acceleration 3 points from left also wheel up and wheel down speed increased to 15 clicks

sleep issues, maybe

if i go to the apple menu and press sleep the computer goes to sleep no problem

the problem is it doesn't always put itself to sleep within the 15 minute timer, actually 2 hours passed and it didn't put itself to sleep but the other day it did put itself to sleep.

I have this mobo, with i5 2500k, and i got NVIDIA GTX 560.. If i connect monitor (Dell u2312hm) via DVI to nvidia card, i can't reach graphics installer because monitor is going to suspend mode (turning off).. The only way i can install ML is when i connect monitor to Intel HD 3000... Any solution for this? I tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, PCIRootUID=0/1, -x , -f, but still can't reach installer with GTX card..

Thanks.

this guide worked well for me - I used HD4000 over VGA to get into ML and swapped over to my AMD 6870 with no issues... dual booting with Win 7 on a separate drive

Installed ML on my hardware: GA-Z77-DS3H/i7-3770/GTX285. Works flawlessly.
I must use GTX285 due to my monitor has only VGA input. Will move to HD4000 when buy new one.
Thanx alot. Very useful guide.

UPD: Updated to 10.8.1 flawlessly.

Hey guys, on gigabyte website i can only get F8 Bios and since almost all of you that has this motherboard is using F6 Bios is there any problem using F8 Bios??

Thanks in advance

Hey guys, on gigabyte website i can only get F8 Bios and since almost all of you that has this motherboard is using F6 Bios is there any problem using F8 Bios??

Thanks in advance

No issues, I am using F8 and no issues......

Hey guys,

i have a z77-ds3h and a i5-3450. The ssd is a samsung 830. onboard graphic. Default bios settings, f8 update, activated ahci. I followed the Intructions in the first post with chimera and MultiBeast but my systems boots terribly slow, takes around one minute.
Also sleep mode is not working. I get a white screen and when i click it goes back to desktop. :rolleyes:
I played around with the org.chameleon.Boot.plist but no change.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back