2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H rev1.1 motherboard. I have everything else working except the onboard audio. I have tried installing the Realtek 887 current driver, but all that does is make my USB not work.

I also tried the VooDooHDA, but all that does is make my system get a kernel panic during boot up.

I am not using HDMI; I'm using DVI.

Has anyone gotten the onboard audio working on this motherboard?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Hi!

What BIOS version are you running? I had problems with sound(I have the same MoBo as you have) but after updating my BIOS from F2 to F6 everything started to work. I have rev 1.0 so the problem can be different. Toleda is professional when enabling sound :) I hope he/she is going to answer you soon :) I found this finding success builds on this tonymacx86.com site (you can try to search on upper- right corner) so you can compare your build to that success build. Maybe that helps...

I have the same problem with my :
Gigabyte z77-DS3H rev.1.1
I7 3770K With HD4000 Integrated Graphics
8 gb ram dd3 1600
ssd kingston 128 mb
Mountain lion 10,8,2 and the last Multibeast

All work fine but i have no audio !!!....

(excuse me for my bad english )

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H rev1.1 motherboard. I have everything else working except the onboard audio. I have tried installing the Realtek 887 current driver, but all that does is make my USB not work.

I also tried the VooDooHDA, but all that does is make my system get a kernel panic during boot up.

Have the same problem with the same board rev 1.1, BIOS version F10, I7 3770K With HD4000 Integrated Graphics.

Tried both Realtek 887 options in Multi-Beast, still does not have any audio.

Yes, I've gotten the audio to work with the following driver:

BYJUihu.jpg

Version 5.3.0 of MultiBeast. I'm on 10.8.3.

Make sure to repair permissions, uncheck UseKernelCache in org.chameleon.Boot.plist for one boot and boot with the flag -f once. Then you can check UseKernelCache again.

The system has recorded the original AppleHDA.kext in KernelCache so the new one is not registering. The ALC887/888B Current driver will definitely work for this motherboard.

For the Z77-DS3H, MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887 Current. If no audio after restart, attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

I also have this problem.. I know this thread is a bit old but same problem,
I have had this machine working with audio but now after i have installed new Graphics card i can't get the sound to work.. i have even installed windows and can't get the card to run there either..

Z77-DS3H rev1.0, i7 3770k, since broken audio i have had installed HD4870x2 and GTX 660Ti
running OSX 10.9.1 Im using multibeast Mavericks Edition 6.1.0

What my problems I think is that the card cannot detect when something is plugged in, so i can see all the devices but nothing gets trough.. I don't know if it has been broken due to some kext that i have installed to try to get it working. Can a kext change somethings in the chip...?

I have tried a lot of different solutions but nothing helps.. don't know if i have a ton of extra kext in my extensions folder but hey, i can just restore vanilla folder cause almost everything works ootb.

what is wrong? is there away to point bult-in directly to the green jack?

have a copy of IOreg in the post

Attachments

• Hackaintosh.zip
    554.4 KB · Views: 198
If sound isn't working in Windows or OSX it might have somehow become disabled in your BIOS.
Just a thought . . .

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back