Contribute
Register

GA-z68xp-ud3 Build With 10.7.2 "SUCCESS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
its good to know if this fw port is doin his job constantly..
and not any break after some seconds...

i use would use my MOTU Traveler MK3 or KRK Ergo

i need to replace my old damaged dual g5 now with a new rig
that can handle osx with logic... therefor i will give a hackintosh
with a good mainboard a try !!

but firewire needs to be available...
hopefully it will do so :cool:

FW400 on the back panel works on my Z68-UD3H for both external HDDs, iSight web cam and a Presonus Inspire. So, it will work on the Z68XP-UD3.

Just built an almost identical rig except for using two WD "Green" drives to dual boot Win7 and Lion (Had to use the fix here; http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=238187 to get the bootloader to load).

Everything seems to be working perfectly using the same install method posted here except for booting into Lion. For some reason I am able to boot into Lion using Unibeast, but when I use the bootloader to boot into Lion it hangs on a blank grey screen after the apple logo screen. When I boot in verbose mode it goes through normally and gets to the same grey screen as well.

Any ideas?

hi, does your sleep work well? i have a different graphics card than you but the same mobo. (i have the gigabyte 6850).

everything works well for me except when i put mine to sleep, it goes to sleep... but when I wake it up, the displays do not come back on.

Wasn't sure if you had the same problem as that would make it mobo-related. If you don't, then it might be my graphics card.

Thanks

I never put my computer to sleep. It goes to sleep after 3 hrs. I've never had a problem with it waking up. I have noticed that when I remote into my computer. I get the lion login screen

ethdennis said:
Just built an almost identical rig except for using two WD "Green" drives to dual boot Win7 and Lion (Had to use the fix here; viewtopic.php?p=238187 to get the bootloader to load).

Everything seems to be working perfectly using the same install method posted here except for booting into Lion. For some reason I am able to boot into Lion using Unibeast, but when I use the bootloader to boot into Lion it hangs on a blank grey screen after the apple logo screen. When I boot in verbose mode it goes through normally and gets to the same grey screen as well.

Any ideas?
Have you tried to use any boot flags ?

limabeancarson said:
I never put my computer to sleep. It goes to sleep after 3 hrs. I've never had a problem with it waking up. I have noticed that when I remote into my computer. I get the lion login screen

Ok that's good news to hear. Maybe it has something to do with my 6850. I ended up using bulrushes to get dual displays working.

Do you have any suggestions/ideas as to why my displays aren't "waking up"?

for reference:
same mobo as you
gigabyte 6850
16gb corsair vengeance
installed with unibeast method - app store
dual displays weren't working until i used bulrushes.
app store/icloud/facetime etc worked w/o problems
only thing is sleep... i set my comp to sleep after 30 mins.. it goes to sleep.. the comp does wake up, but nothing appears on my displays.

i tried unplug/replug the displays back in (via dvi and hdmi)

sinnetrb said:
limabeancarson said:

Ok that's good news to hear. Maybe it has something to do with my 6850. I ended up using bulrushes to get dual displays working.

Do you have any suggestions/ideas as to why my displays aren't "waking up"?

for reference:
same mobo as you
gigabyte 6850
16gb corsair vengeance
installed with unibeast method - app store
dual displays weren't working until i used bulrushes.
app store/icloud/facetime etc worked w/o problems
only thing is sleep... i set my comp to sleep after 30 mins.. it goes to sleep.. the comp does wake up, but nothing appears on my displays.

i tried unplug/replug the displays back in (via dvi and hdmi)

I won't have a chance to test mine for a couple of days. I will try and let you know

LBC

limabeancarson said:
ethdennis said:
Just built an almost identical rig except for using two WD "Green" drives to dual boot Win7 and Lion (Had to use the fix here; http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=238187 to get the bootloader to load).

Any ideas?
Have you tried to use any boot flags ?

It only boots with 'PCIRootUID=0'.. Is there an easy fix for this??

You must have chosen something in MultiBeast to negate the MultiBeast defaults which includes "PCIRootUID=0". See Page 3 in the MultiBeast Features document that came with the .zip file.

Please post a MultiBeast screen snapshot so we can see what your did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back