Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X - wake from sleep-USB Issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
philz said:
I'm finally back from a well needed break, tried catching up but it seems a lot of the same development other than a new possible DSDT edit to the USB to fix the issue?

I still think we need to see what Lnx2Mac has in store for us, I've sent some logs over to him at his request.

Did anyone have better prognosis after using MacMan's latest DSDT edits? That seemingly went overlooked by what I was reading (I did a pretty speedy glance) but he did state that it very well could have fixed it before he released them (I haven't actually changed yet, will be working on that later today).

Let me know,
Phil /~ :beachball:

I'm using MacMan's DSDT from 1 January for my GA-Z68XP-UD3. It does not include the edits mentioned. In the mean time, I'm using an external powered USB hub as a temporary fix, but it would be nice to get the DSDT correct.

Right now, either way there seems to be a 10-15 second delay...DSDT or external hub.

I just checked Gigabyte's web site, and they now have a new BETA BIOS for the GA-Z68XP-UD3, which is F9g. The release notes say this:

• Beta BIOS
    Improve power on issue
    Update ME / CPU code

I'm wondering if that Power on issue is a resolution to the USB power we all experience...

g0l3m said:
The port delay after a wake up event occurs only with the lnx2mac kext für Realtek NICs.

With original Realtek kext or an Intel NIC and hnak's kext for 825xx ethernet controller everything is on air directly after hitting the keyboard or power button...

I've never read that either. I'm not sure if anyone has made that connection before....

Interestingly enough, now that 10.7.3 is out now, and it breaks Lnx2Mac's Realtek driver, I ordered a native PCIe ethernet card and I'm going to turn that port off in the BIOS, so I wonder if my issues will be solved.

I've built 2 hacks for production use and I've tested really hard and long before: Onboard Realtak crap with lynx2mac or native Realtek kexts, PCIe Realtek crap with lynx2mac or native Realtek kexts, Sonnet labeled Realtek crap (PCIe too) - nothing worked 100%.

At the moment I'm fine with Intel NICs (PCIe) but the cards need a kext too. I'm thinking to go with Sonnet Presto Pro NIC, should be working ootb without any extern kexts.

Networking was the biggest issue and the lynx2mac driver is in a early alpha state due to the problems: kernel panics, the delays - everything is described here in the forum in the lynxtomac beta testing area.

Which NIC did you choose? Isnt' so easy to get NIC that is supported with native OS X kexts.

g0l3m said:
I've built 2 hacks for production use and I've tested really hard and long before.

Networking was the biggest issue and the lynx2mac driver is in a early alpha state due to the problems: kernel panics, the delays - everything is described here in the forum in the lynxtomac beta testing area.

Which NIC did you choose? Isnt' so easy to get NIC that is supported with native OS X kexts.

I got this one. I may get a second one if it works well, because I have problems on my HTPC with the same Realtek chipset on Windows 7.

Yeah, I guess this is the only one with native support which we can buy in Europe. There is another card but not available in Germany.

tamorgen said:
I got this one. I may get a second one if it works well, because I have problems on my HTPC with the same Realtek chipset on Windows 7.

Did you order the Sonnet Presto BASIC or PRO? Basic has a Realtek Chip too - that was my pitfall, I've ordered 2 and they didn't working. The Pro has another (mor expensive) Chip

g0l3m said:

Did you order the Sonnet Presto BASIC or PRO? Basic has a Realtek Chip too - that was my pitfall, I've ordered 2 and they didn't working. The Pro has another (mor expensive) Chip[/quote]

I ordered the Pro. That's the one that was recommended as working 100%, and the Basic was only like $1 less.

:thumbup:

Good choice.

I'm going to build a third Hack and thinking to sell my Mac Pro. The Hacks with 2500k and SATA3/SSD (have some Samung 830) are faster than my 8 Core mac pro with SSDs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back