i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@frontgear

I noticed that you got Monterey working with OpenCore!!

I can no longer add comments to our original GA-Z270XP-SLI setup thread where we got Mojave installed a few Years ago?

Would it be possible for you to post your OpenCore EFI here?

And did you replace your Samsung 960 Pro as I noticed topics on the Monterrey forum about problems with that specific NVMe?

The Journey .. Continues LOL!! Thanks!!!

@frontgear

I noticed that you got Monterey working with OpenCore!!

I can no longer add comments to our original GA-Z270XP-SLI setup thread where we got Mojave installed a few Years ago?

Would it be possible for you to post your OpenCore EFI here?

And did you replace your Samsung 960 Pro as I noticed topics on the Monterrey forum about problems with that specific NVMe?

The Journey .. Continues LOL!! Thanks!!!
Attached is my old GA Z270x Ultra Gaming EFI. It is updated to OC 0.7.9. I used WD M.2 instead. Welcome to use it. No Guarantee though. Good luck!

Attachments

• EFI-Z270X.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 71
Attached is my old GA Z270x Ultra Gaming EFI. It is updated to OC 0.7.9. I used WD M.2 instead. Welcome to use it. No Guarantee though. Good luck!
Thanks!

I'll be digging into OpenCore docs and if @frontgear doesn't check in (he and I have the Exact same setup and worked on getting Mojave installed several years ago) then I'll know enough to massage your EFI if I need to!

Out of curiosity .. besides just upgrading do you have a Monterey backup strategy?

I'd been using Carbon Copy Cloner and it Seems like the New strategy (as CC can't guarantee a 100% perfect bootable copy anymore with Monterey) would be the backup the data with CC and then if run into an issue to re-install Monterey in some fashion and then import from the Carbon Copy data backup?

Not sure whether making a bootable USB thumb drive of a Monterey install would be the way to go - or to just make a known good 100% working copy of Catalina and use that to upgrade again to Monterey?

Thanks!

I'll be digging into OpenCore docs and if @frontgear doesn't check in (he and I have the Exact same setup and worked on getting Mojave installed several years ago) then I'll know enough to massage your EFI if I need to!

Out of curiosity .. besides just upgrading do you have a Monterey backup strategy?

I'd been using Carbon Copy Cloner and it Seems like the New strategy (as CC can't guarantee a 100% perfect bootable copy anymore with Monterey) would be the backup the data with CC and then if run into an issue to re-install Monterey in some fashion and then import from the Carbon Copy data backup?

Not sure whether making a bootable USB thumb drive of a Monterey install would be the way to go - or to just make a known good 100% working copy of Catalina and use that to upgrade again to Monterey?

I have something for you there. While CCC and the likes of Superduper says that 'Monterey' copying is supported (yet the drive is not fully bootable), the better way to do it would be to get a USB dual dock cloner or equivalent drive. Unitek recently released a SATA-NVMe cloner which can do this. Same goes for Rocketek which uses dual NVMes. They will give you much better copies. > https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085LBTZ85/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back