Contribute
Register

GA-X99-UD5 WIFI hackintosh compatiblity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it is worth it or not is something only the user can determine. It really depends on whether or not it decreases time for your processing/rendering in your apps. I did my build because it is the first big upgrade from my aging X58A-UD7 build from late 2009/early 2010 - I felt I needed new hardware before what I had broke down.

Also depends on your use of the build. Do you use it for personal mail/browsing/iTunes/photos, etc. or do you use it to make $$$ to pay your bills?

If for personal use a Z97 build would probably suit your needs better.

I plan to using it for personal stuff. I do a lot of gaming on my computer and video rending once in a while. My backup motherboard was going to be ASUS P9X79-E WS because I have been told it is compatible. My main goal of using the X99 motherboard was to use intels new Xeon 18 core processor on it. I wanted to feel like I had a super computer. I know 8 cores would have been more than enough for me, but I was feeling a little greedy. The only thing i want from a motherboard is that it can hold 64Gb of ram.

I plan to using it for personal stuff. I do a lot of gaming on my computer and video rending once in a while. My backup motherboard was going to be ASUS P9X79-E WS because I have been told it is compatible. My main goal of using the X99 motherboard was to use intels new Xeon 18 core processor on it. I wanted to feel like I had a super computer. I know 8 cores would have been more than enough for me, but I was feeling a little greedy. The only thing i want from a motherboard is that it can hold 64Gb of ram.

You do realize OS X has no support for 18 core CPUs and you will have to disable some of them to even get it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back