Contribute
Register

Ga-x58a-ud3r

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pharrari a couple of things you can try:

1) Check if you have anything plugged on your usb 3 ports (the blue ones) Move them out just in case.

didn't work?

2) Make sure you installed the proper ALC889 drivers. Try to reinstall them just in case.

While you're at it, Make sure you got the HDAEnabler stuff on your boot.plist:
Code:
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>

Still no good?

3) Delete AppleUSBAudio.kext from S/L/E (make a backup of it somewhere just in case)

Hopefully at least you get a different message on verbose...

Hope it helps

Electron I tried your advise ticking the USB 3 drivers and the kext dev tool and I get this when I boot verbose
With nothing attached

Hi, I'm not using clover, I'm trying to install with multiBeast, and from the very beginning I thought the main guilty was the graphic card. I'm using A ZOTAC GTX 465 1GiB. I can borrow a GTX 285 and try if I can install, but then when I switch the graphic cards, sure I'll get problems. What can I do to solve my problem. I tried to install Maverics and I get like the same problem.

Many Thanks in advance!

I'm still stuck on this point... Any Help? Many Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• la foto.jpg
    la foto.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
@oneme If you can test another video card I would start there.

If you're still having that issue, I would start from the basics by doing the following:

1) Check your BIOS settings and version. Here's an excellent guide for this board by lnx2mac.

2) You might want to try adding a DSDT (check the download section and make sure you have the right version for your BIOS) and a org.chameleon.boot.plist to the unibeast USB stick. What unibeast makes is universal... using something more tailored to the motherboard might help solve some issues.

3) Use boot flags. Start with -v because is the only thing that will give you a hint of what is wrong.
Start adding -x, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1 and npci=0x2000 by themselves or together in order to solve boot issues for older graphics cards and machines.

I know is a slow and painful process but it is most likely how you will get to the install. I suggest you get a pen and paper and write down a log with all the flags you've tried using, and what was the result to that. Hopefully one of them will work, or at least resolve that particular error message and try to more forward.

Hope it helps...

I'm still stuck on this point... Any Help? Many Thanks in advance!

I am able to install 10.10 with injecting chameleon to unibeast, but USB3 ports. Instal USB3 Universal kext.
Any suggestion for fixing this issue?

My system was a smooth install doing the following:
Also, you should all spend $70 and upgrade to a Xeon 5650 from eBay for 6-core, low temps, high OC goodness. :)

Just saw this. I'm interested in this but not sure if it works in my MB. Mine is very similar I have a Gigabyte EX58 UD3R 1.6 with FK Bios. The X5650 does not appear on the website at Gigabyte as a supported CPU. However, neither does it appear for the X58a ud3r referenced in this post. Can anyone confirm that the "594884-001 HP XEON X5650 6 CORE 2.66GHz 12MB 6.40GT/s 95W " being sold on Ebay functions with GA EX58 UD3R 1.6 with FK BIOS?"

Last edited:
Just saw this. I'm interested in this but not sure if it works in my MB. Mine is very similar I have a Gigabyte EX58 UD3R 1.7 with FK Bios. The X5650 does not appear on the website at Gigabyte as a supported CPU. However, neither does it appear for the X58a ud3r referenced in this post. Can anyone confirm that the "594884-001 HP XEON X5650 6 CORE 2.66GHz 12MB 6.40GT/s 95W " being sold on Ebay functions with GA EX58 UD3R 1.7 with FK BIOS?"

Your best bet is trying to find someone out there in the world who has had success with that combo. Do a Google search, and snoop around this HUGE thread: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2335636

I don't think any of the X58 Gigabyte boards officially support the CPU. Many have had luck. Can't say about the EX model boards though.

Your best bet is trying to find someone out there in the world who has had success with that combo. Do a Google search, and snoop around this HUGE thread: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2335636

I don't think any of the X58 Gigabyte boards officially support the CPU. Many have had luck. Can't say about the EX model boards though.

This site seems to confirm compatibility: http://www.pc-specs.com/cpu/Intel/Xeon/Xeon_Processor_X5650/2111/Compatible_Motherboards

@ElectronShaper

UPDATE: I removed my GT 430 video card and the Safari issues went away. I used the system for a few hours using one video card and safari works flawless. I replaced the GT 430 with a Nvidia 9500 GT. Now I'm using three monitors and Safari still does not show any flickering. If your experiencing the same issues I was, try using another video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back