Contribute
Register

Ga-x58a-ud3r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the thread drift, last message on the topic: I should note I'm using a Hyper 212+ heatsink. I wouldn't even think about OC'ing anything with the stock i7-9xx cooler. I assume anyone with a 4.0 OC has some kind of aftermarket heatsink.

By the way if you're seeing too low of a temperature on a Core i7-9xx I would double check power management.
Bloomfields runs notoriously hot. I've never seen one running under 30C.
I tested the stock cooler on a i7-920 WITHOUT OC and the cores were @ near 60C (BIOS measurement)

Let the machine cool down and check the temperature again on windows.

I have the same board as you all. Here's my Mutlbeast config:

MultiBeast Configuration - 2014-10-19 05:27:26 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > UserDSDT - /Users/PPGLLC/Desktop/DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0- FF.aml
Drivers >
Drivers >
Drivers >
Drivers >
Drivers >
Rollback
Drivers >
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.0
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > PCI Root ID Fix
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black
Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889
Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328
Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform
System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

Heres my plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have to boot with the flag -f and when I go through Verbose mode I get stuck on this "USB Sound assertion in AppleUSBAudio Engine at line 1605". Any ideas on this?

Sorry for the thread drift, last message on the topic: I should note I'm using a Hyper 212+ heatsink. I wouldn't even think about OC'ing anything with the stock i7-9xx cooler. I assume anyone with a 4.0 OC has some kind of aftermarket heatsink.

Yes, of course. Thanks.

All,

I am trying to do a clean install of Yosemite on my pc with the following specs:

Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R R2.0
CPU: i7 950
Graphics: GTX 480
12 GB ram

To get the installer to work I had to use the following modifiers:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 -x

Now though, when I try to boot into my new Yosemite install, it boots to a point, then the screen goes black. I have tried using the same modifiers, and used verbose to see what happens, but it gets to a certain point and the screen goes black. It does it right after where it does the checks on the hard drive. I know it is not an issue with the hard drive as I was using it with Lion earlier before I wiped it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there!

I'm like in the same situation as this but I can't reach the installer... Tried all flags but not luck. It begins to load the progression bar but at 1/3 of it, the screen goes to black and nothing more happen. I can say I got 2 USB drives made with unibeast, one legacy support, the other without it.

Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R R2.0 last BIOS 'FH'
12GB RAM
Zotac GTX 465 1GB

All help will be appreciated!!
Thanks in advance

Hi, everyone.

Info:
MB:x58a-UD3R
CPU:i7 970
GraphCard: Quadro 4000
RAM:24GB
HD: 1TB

I Followed all setting for Multibeast. I always got a black screen, after loading OSX. Any suggestion.
Thank you.

@pharrari Did you try installing the universal USB 3 drivers from Unibeast (I didn't see it on your post)

Also make sure you got kext-dev-mode=1 on your org.chameleon.boot.plist.
It allows Yosemite to load modified kexts without freaking out.

Hope it helps

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

I have the same board as you all. Here's my Mutlbeast config:

Heres my plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have to boot with the flag -f and when I go through Verbose mode I get stuck on this "USB Sound assertion in AppleUSBAudio Engine at line 1605". Any ideas on this?

All of you with black screen issues, we can't help you if all you say is "I have a black screen."

If you can't get to the installer, boot with -v and take a picture of the screen with your phone when it freezes.
If you were able to install but can't boot, do the same as above, but also post your Multibeast settings and your boot.plist info.

Please help us help you. Is not like we get paid for doing this, you know?

Hi, everyone.

I Followed all setting for Multibeast. I always got a black screen, after loading OSX. Any suggestion.
Thank you.

@Hackintoshron what definitions are you using for SMBios.plist ?

I was experimenting with MacPro4,1 and MacPro5,1 and was able to get lower temperatures and higher geekbench scores just by changing the system definitions. Crazy.

Thanks. I tried replacing all three kexts, but unfortunately, my temps go up by 15-20 degrees! So I reinstalled the originals and replaced all except the IntelCPU power management kext and I'll see how it goes.

Im running two video cards as well and I never had any issues.
I would however start by testing if they are somehow interfering with each other.
Remove one of the video cards and test if the issue is fixed. Then plug only the other one and see if there is any difference.

Are you having any QE/CI issues? Click on the Notification icon (the very last icon on the top right of the apple bar)
Can you see the fancy glass effect on the background? Also test the Flurry screensaver... should be flowing smooth. If is choppy you might be having issues with the video driver. Are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes ?

Also, how are those cards connected? You should have that GTX9800 as your primary card on a PCI-e x16 slot.
Frankly, that GT-430 is small fry and is probably doing more bad than good eating resources from your system.
Unless you need it to run 3+ displays as I do I would not even bother with it.

Also a long shot, but check on your BIOS under Advanced BIOS Features that the Init display is the same PCIE-16x (where your GTX should be)

Hope it helps...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back