Contribute
Register

GA-P55M-UD2 i7 860 K Panics after 24 hr shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this is depressing - another kernel panic this morning on boot.

Interesting you mentioned the advanced functions in the BIOS - I have not enabled any of those - worth a shot I guess. I was under the impression that I should not be messing around with that stuff unless I was overclocking - maybe I had it all backwards?

:crazy:

EDITS: I've enabled the advanced CPU functions in the BIOS, we'll see if that has any effect.

MSR tools reports speedstep working - this was the default imac smbios BTW

downloaded pfix (a utilty to fix permissions and kext caches) and ran it.

will report back if there are issues tomorrow when i try and boot

laterz :yawn:

any ideas on what the most stable multibeast configuration for my UD2 board would be? I'm guessing probably reinstall without a DSDT and instead use all the needed kexts and see if that gives me a stable machine.

I cleared the CMOS about a week ago but I'll do that again too.

I guess if that doesn't work I'll try another guide, and if THAT doesn't work I could RMA the board, but man I don't wanna go down that road!

o_O

homesnake said:
any ideas on what the most stable multibeast configuration for my UD2 board would be?
Delete /Extra
Then run MultiBeast and Select:
GigaBeast
GA-P55M-UD2

That's all you need, it will build the correct /Extra for you.

This is how tonymac has his machine setup.

I second MacMan's advice (I am using the same options as well - actually ripped all the files from Tony's signature, though it's simpler to use MultiBeast).

well I was hopeful that armed with some direction that I could get this sorted finally, but no go - (another KP this morning)

Last night I went a step further than deleting the extras folder, I started from the ground up:

1.cleared the CMOS from the jumper pins
2.loaded optimized defaults in BIOS
3. set bios according to tony's guide
4.booted with iBoot, switched to authentic purchased OSX DVD and installed, restrted machine from restart button on case
5.finished install, upgraded using 10.6.2 combo installer, switched back to multibeast and installed only the option macman suggested (P55MUD2) plus disk utilities.
6. restarted - machine works like a champ - even ran disk utility and ran fix permissions and there were zero error
7. used machine for about 2 hours without incident
8. power down

9. KP on power up this morning

I just don't get it. hardware problem? maybe I should try reapplying the F8 BIOS update? i used the windows GUI bios installed (can't remember the gigabyte name for it) maybe it would be safer to do a more conventional BIOS update.

I don't know about trying a different installer guide - tonymacs should work, I think maybe the only difference could be that tonymacs board is revision 1 and mine is revision 1.1?

I guess I could RMA or just get a different model (P55M-UD4 seems like a common suggestion)

o_O

Hi, I'm new to hackintosh too ( many years of mac/pc experience, though :D )

As far as I know, restart after a night is no different than restart in few minutes, my best guess is hardware or hardware installation problem. ( Dusty board + high humidity may have problem, but I guess you're using a new build. )

Tony's guide should work on your mb, do u have other OS to test out your hardware?

If I were in this situation, I'd use just one HD to try windows first, perform a stress test to my system for few hours and let it sit one night to see if I could reproduce the problem.

Good luck :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back