Contribute
Register

GA-P55-UD3L revision 1.0 Bios F7, EVGA nVidia GTS 250, 10.8 Mountain Lion install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OS X Mountain Lion
CPU
i5 750
Graphics
nVidia GTS 250
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

Been reading all the different posts and trying different methods to get my Mountain Lion 10.8 to install. This is my 15th try and it is almost completed.

I've done a fresh install of ML because upgrading from my perfectly working 10.7.4 crashed my machine.

I used Unibeast 1.5.3 to create my App Store download of Mountain Lion. USB stick installation time went to 7 hours to install, but actually completed in 10 minutes. Rebooted using Unibeast...selected USB...installed ML on a newly erased 1TB Caviar Black HD.

After installation, the computer rebooted...hit F12, selected USB-HDD....boots to Unibeast selection screen....chose "Mac" and it booted up. Everything worked except for audio. About Me recognized my GPU, CPU's, Lan, HD's....all except sound.

Therefore, Downloaded Multibeast 5.0.2 and Multibeast 4.6.1, downloaded DSDT file and placed the file on the desktop named DSDT.aml

Ran multibeast, selected DSDT...and chose ALC888 without DSDT...Then I ran Multibeast 4.6.1 and chose system utilities and FakeSMC with motherboard and HW plugins. Rebooted ML using Unibeast....highlighted "Mac" (boot drive) and I typed in NPCI=0x2000.... the computer turns on, loads the OS X boot screen....then screen disappears to black. Pressing buttons makes noise and I have audio and mountain lion is booted...but my nVidia GTS250 is not displaying anything. Anything anyone can suggest?

FakeSMC did not work for me. I left it off my install. Similar MB.

I thought this was a guides forum...

Tried to use a different nVidia card 8800GS to no avail. I am out of video cards. Other's posted methods about installing MB from a different partition. That didn't work either.

Using npci=0x2000 or PCIRootUID=0 did not work. It appears that the graphics card is the issue and others resolve it by swapping out their GTS250 cards.

Therefore, I am reverting back to 10.7.4. Unfortunately, reinstalling Lion and using Time Machine to get my data back only produced Mail & iPhoto crashing. ::sigh::, but everything else is working fine.

If anyone knows how what is the issue with GTS250 on ML, please post a link or whatever. After buying ML, I realized that my i5 750 CPU is not enough to handle airplay mirroring.

Once you're done installing things with MultiBeast 5.0.2, install ** Chimera 1.10.0 ** on the drive. There is something wrong with Chimera 1.11.x that's part of MultiBeast 5.0.2 that makes some systems black screen when EthernetBuiltIn is part of the configuration. I learned this the hard way tonight after about 6 installs.

Move to the correct forum section. tonymacx86 forum index

Mountain Lion Desktop Guides -> Mountain Lion Desktop Support (Forum Sections)

------------------------> Forum Rules <--

where does one get an old copy of chimeria 1.10.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back