Contribute
Register

GA-H55N-USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am having issues getting audio working. I've tried all sorts of kext's with no luck.

Tony, you mentioned here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=31813#p31813 that VoodooHDA 0.2.56 worked for you. Did you have to do anything special to make it happen?

I'm using the latest DSDT file from your database for this board (with the bios updated to the appropriate version of course). I used MultiBeast to install UserDSDT and haven't touched anything else since, except for trying different audio kext's.

Using 0.2.56 I was able to get a static sound out of the speakers. Sound prefpane showed all Digital HDMI outputs (4 of them) none of which seem to do anything.

Guess I should also point out I'm trying the front panel and back panel analog outputs. Haven't tried digital.

Any suggestions?

Make sure you've removed any legacyhda kexts from /Extra/Extensions, and that you run System Utilities with VoodooHDA 2.56 option in MultiBeast.

Well I did have legacyhda in /Extra/Extensions. Removed that, and installed 0.2.56 again (selected System Utilities rebuild kext cache). Same thing though. I see 4 "Digital-out HDMI" entries in sound prefpane and the volume icon in the menu bar is greyed out.

Something I didn't notice before was the audio inputs. I hooked up a microphone and I can hear myself in the speakers and sound pref pane shows movement in the input level meter when I make noise into the mic.

I have:

* removed any audio kexts in /Extra/Extensions
* removed AppleHDA from /S/L/Extensions
* made sure no other audio kexts are left in /S/L/Extensions
* installed Voodoo 0.2.56 (and also tried latest, 0.2.62)

still no audio output...

Tony, are you using a custom DSDT on your system? I have F5 bios version with matching DSDT file downloaded from your database.

jiggak said:
I have:

* removed any audio kexts in /Extra/Extensions
* removed AppleHDA from /S/L/Extensions
* made sure no other audio kexts are left in /S/L/Extensions
* installed Voodoo 0.2.56 (and also tried latest, 0.2.62)

still no audio output...

Tony, are you using a custom DSDT on your system? I have F5 bios version with matching DSDT file downloaded from your database.

It's the 240 GT- the card has an onboard audio chip that is disabling the ALC 892. I'm in the same boat, and have been working on a solution- at this point, we may have to build a special VoodooHDA with configurations for 240 GT + ALC 892 audio. With a different graphics card (no HDMI audio), I get full ins and outs from the onboard on my H55N-USB3 system.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for that. I'm digging into the source code of the voodoohda driver now to see if I can't figure out a workaround.

jiggak said:
Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for that. I'm digging into the source code of the voodoohda driver now to see if I can't figure out a workaround.

Cool- post your results! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back