Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey dudes, this may be a slightly redundant post, as I posted something of similar effect in another part of the forum, but I don't think anyone saw it.....

So, I have just recently discovered the whole "hackintosh" thing and want to build myself a sweet little mimi-itx system...so I would like to know if anyone its working on the new Realtek bits on the GA-H55N-USB3, and if there is anything I can do aside from donations....

At this point if I started to build the system are there any numbers I would be able to pull for anyone that would help? Also, at this point it's just the audio and lan that haven't been worked out correct?

Thanks dudes!,
-Julian

Don't worry I do a search every day for H55N. I have a GA-H55N-USB3 I am waiting for a custom beast DSDT for this setup, I have tyred installing with the current dsdt on Tony's database but could not get a usable system. the main problems I have are no spdif output, no hdmi output from my 9800 GT unless i stick with 10.6.0, some usb issues also. I am building a HTPC so need things like hdmi and spdif. Lan works well with realtek drivers from there site but only 32 bit. Apart from that its a great board so just wait and surely these issues will be solved soon.

Yeah I will have it hooked up to my TV and stereo, so I will need the optical out and lan most of all...don't expect too many issues out of my 8800 GTS...

I too am in the same boat, but I just donated a H55N-USB3 based system to Tony as a gift of appreciation... so I think he will begin to help solve these issues soon enough. I think all of us here who have gotten so much from this blog should donate something to this wonderful forum.

What is a typical donation amount? If you don't mind me asking?
I'd like to pay a fair sum for someones time and effort without insulting them by donating too little. Of course I can't afford too much, I still need hardware! :lol:

Honestly, I think anything donated would be nice for those that work on this blog and forum. I donated a little at first ($40), but then decided to give a much bigger amount and some hardware specifically for this ITX board project that I'm getting really obsessed with. It means a lot to me, so if any of this means a lot to you, why not give back in anyway you can. If you donate, you can also get a CustomBeast install, which is pretty cool!

Ok, so made some progress with my new H55N-USB3 + Core i3 530 system. There are some challenges though, but everything is working. :headbang:

1. Audio- the ALC892 needs a Legacy892HDA.kext made, and we need to figure out if it even will work with AppleHDA at all. I'm going to put one together if I can. For now, VoodooHDA 0.2.1 works great in 10.6.4 with stock AppleHDA. Haven't tested digital ins/outs.

2. Network - Works great with the official 32bit only driver from Realtek's site- this is the same one in the latest MultiBeast. Unfortunately, the Ethernet chip (RTL8168-8111E) is too new to be in the Linux ported RealtekR1000SL.kext, so we'll need to add the latest devices to the 32/64 bit kext. I've started work on it here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4205

3. Onboard Intel GMA Graphics Not working for me at all. I get a white screen whenever I boot in with VGA plugged. Haven't tested HDMI or DVI, but I think this is a roadblock. Easy enough to use

Far from a recommended system at this point, as all the above stuff is still being developed. Needing 32bit to run ethernet is a drag. And I'm not too fond of VoodooHDA as a permanent solution. Hopefully we'll get these issues all sorted- but there are workarounds for the time being. :)

:beachball:

Everything is working, but optimally, I'd like to use

very excited to this work I am looking forward to doing a build based on this

pjratl said:
very excited to this work I am looking forward to doing a build based on this

Ok, so we've solved the Realtek 8111E- there's a kext that allows 64 bit support- we're trying to clean it up. :)

Here's a link to the kext: viewtopic.php?p=30800#p30800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back