Contribute
Register

GA-H55N-USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So aside from the onboard graphics, the only thing left to make this a viable option is the audio?

-julian

Ok so integrated graphics... the ongoing experiment...

I've managed to get to the desktop, but no acceleration- you can easily have full working graphics with a real card, but for fun I thought I'd do some experimentation. According to a great comment on the blog, I removed:

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

And rebooted- magically it's working, but one resolution, and no QE/CI. To manually set resolutions for the display, you can edit your com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra to include your desired display resolution.

Screen+shot+2010-02-26+at+3.12.20+PM.png

Unfortunately this is the best we have for now for the integrated graphics on the i3/i5 dual cores. But we're hoping to make something work with QE/CI. The issues are that Apple has tied the integrated graphics with the NVIDIA 3xx card inside the newest MacBook Pros and done some strange stuff to enable auto-switching. If we can undo this little trick (who knows if it's even possible) we can enable full acceleration.

Ok, on the audio front- tested all versions of VoodooHDA- and it looks like the one we want to go with is VoodooHDA 0.2.56 for the H55N-USB3. Digital, front panel, back panel, all ins and outs working. No noticeable hiss or degradation of signal.

More soon. :)

Hi Tony, tried to install VoodooHDA 0.2.56 on my GA-H55N-USB3. In both 10.6.3 and 10.6.4, I get a kernel panics while Multibeast says it is registering components. The monitor shows:

panic (CPU2 caller .... kernel trace at ..... type 14 page fault ... registers ... VoodooHDADevice
error: couldn't open PCI device
VoodooHDA device ....
Debugger called (panic)
Backtrace (CPU2....
Kernel extensions in backtrace....
dependencies: org.voodoo.driver.voodooHDA (0.2.56)
dependencies: com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily (1.7.6fc2)...
dependencies: com.apple.iokit.PCIFamily (2.1)
etc.

What's left after the VoodooHDA panics is unbootable (instant panics on memory problems). I haven't been able to get past this. All suggestions welcome.

Having trouble with Ethernet on my H55N-USB3. Using the official Realtek driver in 32 bit mode the chip gets recognized, but no connection is made. Snow Leopard does not see a cable connected.

Captain Crunch said:
Having trouble with Ethernet on my H55N-USB3. Using the official Realtek driver in 32 bit mode the chip gets recognized, but no connection is made. Snow Leopard does not see a cable connected.

Try the alternate driver here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3837

Works on 64 bit mode- alternative driver to RealtekR1000SL. :thumbup:

tonymacx86 said:
Captain Crunch said:

Try the alternate driver here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3837

Works on 64 bit mode- alternative driver to RealtekR1000SL. :thumbup:

It's working if I put the official Realtek driver in IONetworkingFamily.kext, but upon sleeping I lose Network. I'll give the 64-bit Realtek1000 a try, but does that fix the wake from sleep issue?

Captain Crunch said:
It's working if I put the official Realtek driver in IONetworkingFamily.kext, but upon sleeping I lose Network. I'll give the 64-bit Realtek1000 a try, but does that fix the wake from sleep issue?

this is a problem with the DHCP Lease, try static IP and it should work ... solved the problem for me ;)

i sometimes have this problem with my macbook too, and this is no hackintosh :D

So is this working now?

hi tony,
how to enable speedstep using this mobo and i3-530?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back