Contribute
Register

FV2 ERROR Graphics DUIinitialize failed OxE (dell 9550)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan : not worried about someone retrieving something from your hard drive (if it get stolen, for example) ?

Given my lifestyle, extremely unlikely, and ... somehow I've been using computers for more than 40 years without incident.
But I also make a point of having nothing there a thief would find useful.

So we're around the same age !
Fair enough, your solution is probably the best !

So we're around the same age !
Fair enough, your solution is probably the best !

I realize others have different lifestyles (working on top secret projects or something) that may require such encryption.
So my solution (if you want to call it that) may not be appropriate for everyone.

For me, it's nice to be able to leave my laptop in a car without worrying that people can get my passwords or some other details...

@RehabMan: thanks, will update hardware and insert files.

@jief85: thanks for the help. Any comment on error ' failed to mount, nx corruption' (see image)? I don't get why it's unable to mount while i was able to type in my password.

Sure it's strange that the password was accepted by the GUI but wrong. An incomplete Preboot partition ? What do you have on it ?

Sure it's strange that the password was accepted by the GUI but wrong. An incomplete Preboot partition ? What do you have on it ?

The password was correct. To check that not every password was approved, I had entered a wrong password and that one was refused.

I will try experimenting with my clover files.If my issue is not resolved within 24 hours i will try to format SSD and reinstall macOS

When I said wrong, I mean it failed to unwrap the volume, not that you got it wrong.
6 months ago, did you install on a HFS partition and then convert, or install straight away on APFS ?

Ok i give up. This **** becomes very frustrating.
I messed around with some drivers, editted config.plist file but didn't find a solution.

Important to notice is that i suddenly had 2 user accounts: username & system administrator. Strange thing is that username accepted password, while system administrator declined password but accepted recovery key.... Both gave me the same error message: apfs unable to mount and nx corrupted.. Have no clue how to fix this since there seems little documentation about this issue so i will try to format the SSD tomorrow and completely reinstall macOS. Unfortunatley filevault2 seems to be not working on a dell9550 with applekeyfeeder.efi file OR maybe some of my clover files got corrupted during dirty unmount of EFI. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back