Contribute
Register

FV2 ERROR Graphics DUIinitialize failed OxE (dell 9550)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel 1VG5R
CPU
Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz
Graphics
intel 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,

i've encrypted my SSD drive running High Sierra but unfortunately got an error message: 'Graphics DUIinitialize failed OxE' among other error messages like 'APFS keyback unlock with stashed KEK failed'

Does somebody knows what the problem might be? I'm experimenting with a new file from a user to get Filevault2 working with PS/2 keyboards so i think it is in almost everybody interest :) (no the new file is not the problem)

I have a Dell XPS 15 9550, sandisk 128GB SSD, I5 skylake processor. Important thing to mention is that macOS was running fine for almost 6 months before encryption but encountered the problem only after encryption.

thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_20180611_082104_HHT.jpg
    IMG_20180611_082104_HHT.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
added clover files. Maybe i'm missing something for filevault2 to work?

Also, the image i posted above appears directly when i click on ''boot filevault preboot from preboot".. Because it also gives a 'failed to unwrap volume key' i'm guessing that it's trying to decrypt the volume but it fails? Do users normally have a loginscreen before this message appears? Because i'm not taken to loginscreen to type in the Filevault2 password, but receive the 'failed to decrypt message' directly.

Also i remember editting the config.plist to get virtualization software to run within macOS. It worked fine with macOS to get parrallels desktop working but maybe with filevault2 on these settings conflict? Don't know, i'm only guessing at this point.

either way i need some help :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 70
I'm pretty convinced that the problem is graphic. The graphic GUI cannot start, hence the password is empty or undefined. The programmer didn't test if the GUI started or not, therefore trying to start with an empty password.
Maybe you need an update GOP firmware for your graphic card ?

Hi,

i've encrypted my SSD drive running High Sierra but unfortunately got an error message: 'Graphics DUIinitialize failed OxE' among other error messages like 'APFS keyback unlock with stashed KEK failed'

Does somebody knows what the problem might be? I'm experimenting with a new file from a user to get Filevault2 working with PS/2 keyboards so i think it is in almost everybody interest :) (no the new file is not the problem)

I have a Dell XPS 15 9550, sandisk 128GB SSD, I5 skylake processor. Important thing to mention is that macOS was running fine for almost 6 months before encryption but encountered the problem only after encryption.

thanks for the help
added clover files. Maybe i'm missing something for filevault2 to work?

Also, the image i posted above appears directly when i click on ''boot filevault preboot from preboot".. Because it also gives a 'failed to unwrap volume key' i'm guessing that it's trying to decrypt the volume but it fails? Do users normally have a loginscreen before this message appears? Because i'm not taken to loginscreen to type in the Filevault2 password, but receive the 'failed to decrypt message' directly.

Also i remember editting the config.plist to get virtualization software to run within macOS. It worked fine with macOS to get parrallels desktop working but maybe with filevault2 on these settings conflict? Don't know, i'm only guessing at this point.

either way i need some help :)

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I'm pretty convinced that the problem is graphic. The graphic GUI cannot start, hence the password is empty or undefined. The programmer didn't test if the GUI started or not, therefore trying to start with an empty password.
Maybe you need an update GOP firmware for your graphic card ?

It looks like it has something to do with you applekeyfeeder.efi file but also with something else.

I'm still unable to boot fully, but i've experimented with some drivers:

> removed osxaptiofixdrv.efi and inserted applekeyfeeder.efi in 'drivers64UEFI' folder results in ERROR: initializeGraphics DUIinitialize failed: 0xE and no login screen

> Removed apple keyfeeder and inserted osxaptiofix3drv in 'drivers64UEFI' PASSED finally gives me login screen but results in ERROR Unable to type password + Gives error message ScmReadvalue failed for key key ‘DABB’ and ‘nISB’ (see attached image)

> Removed osxaptiofix3drv and inserted osxaptiofixdrv results in ERROR same as above

> Added applekeyfeeder.efi + osxaptiofixdrv.efi in 'drivers64UEFI' SUCCES takes me to login screen and finally able to type password and able to login but results in ERROR mountroot failed! device is not readable, IO failed, error=13 (see image)

So it looks like 'applekeyfeeder.efi causes the initializeGraphics DUI error and that adding osxaptiofixdrv.efi to the folder resolves this issue. It also looks like 'applekeyfeeder.efi' gives you the ability to type in your password with native PS/2 laptop keyboards. However, there is something wrong since i cleary experience some errors. Maybe Filevault2 ****ed up my whole SSD or applekeyfeeder.efi is causing some errors along the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20180611_162301.jpg
    IMG_20180611_162301.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20180611_163421_1.jpg
    IMG_20180611_163421_1.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Thanks, but i have absolutely no idea what to look for.

As per guide/FAQ...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

error message ScmReadvalue failed for key key ‘DABB’ and ‘nISB’ is no problem. I have that too. I modified SMCHelper.efi to silence them, but it doesn't prevent anything. We'll see that later, when that'll be the only problem left.
You should be able to follow the guide until you can boot with a external USB keyboard. From there we can move on and make that AppleKeyFeeder works. I don't understand how AppleKeyFeeder would block graphic initialisation but if it does, we'll find out (hopefully).
For external USB keyboard, you may just need UsbKbDxe.efi. You'll probably have to disconnect the keyboard and reconnect it. RehabMan, am I correct about UsbKbDxe.efi. ?

For external USB keyboard, you may just need UsbKbDxe.efi. You'll probably have to disconnect the keyboard and reconnect it. RehabMan, am I correct about UsbKbDxe.efi. ?

Probably... I don't bother with FileVault (I have no interest in it).

Note: Your profile has no laptop hardware. Please fix as per FAQ.

Probably... I don't bother with FileVault (I have no interest in it).

Note: Your profile has no laptop hardware. Please fix as per FAQ.
@RehabMan : not worried about someone retrieving something from your hard drive (if it get stolen, for example) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back