Contribute
Register

Full Acceleration for Intel HD 3000 and older NVIDIA Graphics in macOS Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Middleman
Sorry, but all i see is a video. There is no "patch" file that i can download unless i create the app. But he mentioned that its obsolete?
____
Nvm.
He meant the pkg from page 1 of this thread.! My bad.
It is found here >
Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 12.56.56 PM 2.png

Everytime i run this patch. It always says "appleevent:time out" how to solve it. Can anybody help me

I'm stuck on:
Code:
denying core dump for pid 271AMFI

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Hi,

Have you tried adding this to your NVRAM boot-arg?

Code:
-no_compat_check amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 amfi_allow_any_signature=0x1 cs_enforcement_disable=0x1

I haven't built a Hackinbox for quite awhile. Probably five years. My main box, specs in sidebar, runs High Sierra fine. But I wanted to move to Mojave recently b/c of compatibility issues on some key software I regularly use. Bought a Radeon Pulse RX580 for Metal support; long story short, unable to get it to work (pink screen). Not wanting to end up completely wasting my time, I tried chris111's HD 3000 patcher for Mojave (on a test external SSD) and it works. Even Hackintool shows "VDA Decoder: Enabled" (or 'working," whatever the nomenclature) for HD 3000.

HOWEVER, in HD 3000, running Photoshop in Mojave was pretty much a joke. Even by reducing GPU rendering load in PS preferences (taking it down to "Basic" from the Default of "Advanced"), HD 3000 simply doesn't have the muscle to run Photoshop (v.21.1.1.2). In addition, getting on my creaky knees, pulling my box out from the wall, unplugging the video cable from my Radeon GPU and fishing for the mobo iGPU video input is, well, unpleasant.

So, although I can confirm the patcher does work as advertised (& kudos/thx to chris111 for his time & effort), for my usage needs Mojave (not to mention Catalina) is out of reach considering my hardware. Hardware which, at this point in time, I am not able to upgrade. So I'm basically maxxed-out at High Sierra. But thx for this thread, the links and informed comments. I appreciate it!
Hi MacAppreciator,

You may be glad to know that I've actually got a RX550 going on my Skylake Z170N setup under Catalina/Big Sur.
This is my build > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...4-ga-z170n-wifi-samsung-860-evo-rx550.313767/

What you need is a SSDT-GPU-Spoof.aml file, and add the device-id required for the RX580 placed there, and add any other boot-arg that will enable it. Under Big Sur I used agdpmod=pikera but you may need to use -wegoff or similar.

And according to this page > https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1002 your RX580 device-id is 6FDF, so you'll need to use that in your settings.

Hi,

Code:
-no_compat_check amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 amfi_allow_any_signature=0x1 cs_enforcement_disable=0x1
I try to reinstall Catalina but I don't know what happened now, I stuck on this:
"macOS could not be installed on your computer"

I try to reinstall Catalina but I don't know what happened now, I stuck on this:
"macOS could not be installed on your computer"
That means it's not compatible. Either that or you will need to try and change your SMBIOS settings.
Catalina will likely need MacPro5,1, iMac20,1 or iMac20,2.

As it goes I also found a hackintosh build page for your chip 'i5-650' here which you could perhaps refer to regarding the settings. But do not use the iMac14,2 here because that is best for Sierra/High Sierra > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gigabyte-h55-s2h-i5-650-nvidia-gt-710.227429/

Hi,

Code:

Hi, Is not working, I added this flags under clover before macOS Catalina Boot, but the PC is still restarting I can't enter anymore to the macOS Catalina. I only try this install to enable the video card because the graphics shows strange, with bad resolution and slow.

Hi,

Code:
Hi again, now I can enter only in "safe mode" (-x) with the other flags, but then, the same problem, bad resolution and the "Mac info" shows "Nvidia Chip model 3 Mb", the normal boot still shows: "denying core dump for pid 271AMFI". I need to do:
1. Solve permanently the error of "denying core dump for pid 271AMFI", is there a way to permanently fix that? because I can boot normally, only with -x flag
2. Fix the screen resolution or the "Nvidia chip model 3 mb" and fix for shows "Nvidia 210 1GB"

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back