Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Fujitsu LifeBook E744, Various problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try injecting EDID?
Did you check in Windows to see if your display is connected via eDP? (it is well known that macOS/OS X has poor support for eDP as Macs use LVDS, not eDP).

Has I wrote in the second message, my Display IS connected via eDP, and I thought it wasn't possible to have MacOSX running with this, but you told me that could be possible in some way:

You might be able to get eDP to work by injecting EDID, and/or using a desktop ig-platform-id (but with desktop ig you will likely have issues implementing backlight control).

I tried injecting EDID with a value took from the monitor from windows (0xYYYY form) and tried to just check Inject EDID w/o any value in EDID

Last edited:
I tried injecting EDID with a value took from the monitor from windows (0xYYYY form) and tried to just check Inject EDID.

Your ioreg proves EDID not injected.

I injected it via clover before booting into MacOSX Partition, or I can't do that?

In order to diagnose your mistake, you must provide problem reporting files as per FAQ.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

PR files must represent your attempt to inject EDID.
An external monitor or remote desktop may help in collecting the required files even though the internal display is black.

Ok just one more information, I need to inject the EDID value that I took from windows or I just need to make Inject=YES ? Thanks for your patience

or I just need to make Inject=YES ? Thanks for your patience

No idea. Your question cannot be answered without PR files as per FAQ.

No idea. Your question cannot be answered without PR files as per FAQ.

Here's the files, obtained via TeamViewer using correct ig-platform-id (in fact it shows 1,5gb of VRAM) and Inject EDID on YES.
obv my Internal screen it's still black.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IOReg.zip
    423.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Patchmatic.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 32
Meanwhile I tried different things( before I made a backup of everything I changed so I can go back to the point I was in the previous post):
- injected edid with productid and device ID
- changed value of con0 to: 04 00 00 00 as I read in this forum it's the config for eDP
- Changing ig-platform-id and/or device-id for iGPU
-various (if not all) combination of above changes

But nothing helped me.

Guess I'll just wait for your reply :(

Here's the files, obtained via TeamViewer using correct ig-platform-id (in fact it shows 1,5gb of VRAM) and Inject EDID on YES.
obv my Internal screen it's still black.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_4373.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back