Motherboard
Fujitsu Lifebook E744 HM86
CPU
i5-4300M
Graphics
HD 4600, 1600x900
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi everyone, it's almost 2 weeks that i'm trying to get Mojave working on my Lifebook E744, after i successfully installed High sierra on my Desktop, but i'm encountering a series of problems.
For my installation i followed RehabMan guide on the Mojave Laptop Support, but the problem comes with HW Accelation for my HD4600 (Not even tried to fix battery status or anything else).
Here's my SPECS:
- i5-4300M w/ HD4600
- 8GB Single slot DDR3 1333Mhz
- HM86 Chipset
- Intel I217-V Ethernet
- Intel N7260 Wifi (I know that this chip is not compatible with macos, but i need to know if everything else work before swapping it)
- 1600x900 Internal Screen
- 128 GB SSD Sandisk

THINGS THAT I CAN GET TO WORK:
- Ethernet: "intelmausiethernet.kext"
- Mouse and Keyboard: "VoodooPS2Controller.kext"

Now to the bad stuff:
I'll be a little more verbose for this one, i'm able to boot into the installer thanks to a .plist linked in the RedhabMan git repo(the HD4200-4400-4600 one), i ignored the fact that i couldn't boot with a propper ig-platform-id(installer booted to black screen) so i used an invalid one but (as expected) i hadn't HW Acceleration for my igpu (as the guide says, "deal with the graphics later", so i did).
After the installation that went buttery smooth i tried to deal with the graphics, and here's the problem. I tried almost every .plist, then tried to pick the most suitable for my hw changing manually values for pci devices and/or ig-platform-id and/or fake id, and i get every time the same 2 possible results: Black screen boot, or no HW Acceleration
i'm a Computer Science student so programming doesn't scare me, i'm taking this more as a challange, and i want to know if i'm doing something wrong and if there's a way, no matter how difficult, to make this work.

Actually i'm sure i'm doing smth wrong but i don't know where to start.

I'm not usually a forum user so pardon if i did something wrong with the topic, i accept critics :D
(and also, sorry if my english isn't perfect :S)

Thanks in advice

Last edited:
Hi everyone, it's almost 2 weeks that i'm trying to get Mojave working on my Lifebook E744, after i successfully installed High sierra on my Desktop, but i'm encountering a series of problems.
For my installation i followed RehabMan guide on the Mojave Laptop Support, but the problem comes with HW Accelation for my HD4600 (Not even tried to fix battery status or anything else).
Here's my SPECS:
- i5-4300M w/ HD4600
- HM86 Chipset
- Intel I217-V Ethernet
- Intel N7260 Wifi (I know that this chip is not compatible with macos, but i need to know if everything else work before swapping it)
- 128 GB SSD Sandisk

Now to the bad stuff:
I'll be a little more verbose for this one, i'm able to boot into the installer thanks to a .plist linked in the RedhabMan git repo(the HD4200-4400-4600 one), i ignored the fact that i couldn't boot with a propper ig-platform-id(installer booted to black screen) so i used an invalid one but (as expected) i hadn't HW Acceleration for my igpu (as the guide says, "deal with the graphics later", so i did).
After the installation that went buttery smooth i tried to deal with the graphics, and here's the problem. I tried almost every .plist, then tried to pick the most suitable for my hw changing manually values for pci devices and/or ig-platform-id and/or fake id, and i get every time the same 2 possible results: Black screen boot, or no HW Acceleration
i'm a Computer Science student so programming doesn't scare me, i'm taking this more as a challange, and i want to know if i'm doing something wrong and if there's a way, no matter how difficult, to make this work.

I'm not usually a forum user so pardon if i did something wrong with the topic, i accept critics :D

Thanks in advice
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting". Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Also, fill your profile with your laptop's specs.

Here's my SPECS:
- i5-4300M w/ HD4600
- HM86 Chipset
- Intel I217-V Ethernet
- 128 GB SSD Sandisk

Now to the bad stuff:

Thanks in advice
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sorry, I knew that I needed to attach a report, but I was in the middle of reinstalling the OS into my Laptop so I hadn't access to the OS. Anyway, I figured out what blocked me (at least I think) because my internal display is connected via eDP, and I read that can cause a lot of problem, sad that I can't get it working properly.

Sorry, I knew that I needed to attach a report, but I was in the middle of reinstalling the OS into my Laptop so I hadn't access to the OS. Anyway, I figured out what blocked me (at least I think) because my internal display is connected via eDP, and I read that can cause a lot of problem, sad that I can't get it working properly.

You might be able to get eDP to work by injecting EDID, and/or using a desktop ig-platform-id (but with desktop ig you will likely have issues implementing backlight control).

Hi, sorry for the waiting, I'm now Reinstalling Mojave with your guide, just to have a fresh install and start to deal seriously with the graphics (I have some free time now :D ). Going to send the Problem reporting files soon (and changing my build in the profile)

Last edited:
Here I am, installed Mojave (Including clover and kext in L/E/) Here's my file. I hope I attached the right ones, anyway right now the only way that I have to boot into a working desktop (w/o HW Acc.) is using 0x12345678 in Clover Boot option manually (haven't changed it in the .plist, it's basically the stock HD4200_4400_4600.plist)
Thanks in advice

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
  • IOReg.zip
    376.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Patchmatic Extraction.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 50
Here I am, installed Mojave (Including clover and kext in L/E/) Here's my file. I hope I attached the right ones, anyway right now the only way that I have to boot into a working desktop (w/o HW Acc.) is using 0x12345678 in Clover Boot option manually (haven't changed it in the .plist, it's basically the stock HD4200_4400_4600.plist)
Thanks in advice

No expectation of working graphics using an invalid device-id or ig-platform-id.

I'm using 0x12345678 in clover just to have access to desktop, any "valid" ig-platform-id cause my system to boot to a black screen

I'm using 0x12345678 in clover just to have access to desktop, any "valid" ig-platform-id cause my system to boot to a black screen

Did you try injecting EDID?
Did you check in Windows to see if your display is connected via eDP? (it is well known that macOS/OS X has poor support for eDP as Macs use LVDS, not eDP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back