Contribute
Register

Frustrated! How do I remove all Multibeast files, so I can start over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh!
Now I cant even access my CMOS manager.
WHen I start up it simply flashes the GIGABYTE logo for less than 1/10 of a second, then goes to black.

• No external GPU connected.
• Using HDMI cable to TV (I get a signal and can see the Gigabyte logo shortly)

• Tried CMOS reset (CMOS_SW) button.
• Tried DTB (Direct to MB)
• Tried Reset_SW
• Tried with an without unformatted HD, with and without bootable USB
• Tried shutting down power
• Tried pressing DEL and/or F12 and other F-buttons
Nothing....

Any ideas?
holding down delete key without releasing while pushing/releasing power button does not take you to BIOS?

holding down delete key without releasing while pushing/releasing power button does not take you to BIOS?

Nope...
Just tried that. Still black screen after a flash of the Gigabyte logo

Do I need to remove the battery or switch to the back-up BIOS or something...?

UPDATE:
Have followed the official steps to reset BIOS.
Still no luck.
Have swapped the battery for a new one. Still nothing.
Have reset the CLR_CMOS jumper. Still nothing.

MB is alive and fans are spinning.
Logo still shows up shortly, yet nothing after that.

Any ideas??

UPDATE:
• Flipped the BIOS_SW switch/jumper to access backup BIOS.
For some reason it helped - but I still couldn´t access the BIOS manager.

OTOH it made me able to boot from the USB drive, so now I am installing Mavericks on the new SSD drive.
I´ll know more in about 20 min.

I hope it´s ok to set the BIOS setting AFTER installing Mavericks??
Please let me know if it´s important that I do it in another order - that might save me a lot of time if I need to redo it. Thanks

UPDATE and QUESTIONS!

I succeeded in installing Mavericks.
So far so good.

I am in the process of installing Multibeast files, and could use your help.
FYI I have the Gigabyte Z87X-OC and 4770K CPU.

• I have picked the "DSDT-Free" install. (Not built yet).
• Added/checked Realtek audio driver ALC892

Questions:
• I am using Samsung 840 SSD drives. Do I need "TRIM Enabler, 10.9.0 TRIM patch"?

• I have a load of USB 3 ports. Do I need "USB 3.0 Universal by Zenith" or other?

• AUDIO: Do I need the VooDooHDA 2.8.2 driver with Mavericks? Have read that external speakers dont work without.

• Network: I have the recommended TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 wifi-thingy. Do I need any network drivers or kexts? If so, which?

• I have the GTX 780 card and will probably use my GTX 650ti Boost.
Do I need to use the "1080p Display mode"?

If somebody could give an answer right away, that would be amazing.
Otherwise I will install the default files, and those I KNOW work, and install the rest later.
I have read somewhere that this is doable.

Please let me know.

Continuing my monologue ;) here is the latest news:

• Installed Multibeast using the official Mavericks guide from this site. Status OK
• Mavericks boots perfectly w/o flags or anything. So that´s cool!
• Havent installed any GPU. Just using internal graphics via HDMI and TV. Works.
• Installed Wifi card. Is connected to my own wifi. So far so good.

BIOS ISSUE!
• Cannot access my main BIOS, only my backup BIOS.
• Have tried resetting, following the Gigabyte manual ect. No change.
• Have tried holding down DEL button. Nothing.

According to the official manual, I need to press the END key to access Q-Flash, so that I can reset and flash my main bios. Only I dont have a DEL-key on my keyboard. What other symbol represents the DEL function, if any? The double-arrows down?

Does anyone have a clue how to reset my main BIOS, so that I can make the appropriate changes to my BIOS?

Glad you are having some success with your Mavericks installation. A couple of suggestions that may or may not work with your BIOS. 1. When you start the system press F2 instead of del.
2. Switch off the power from your PSU and remove the battery and leave it for 30 seconds before putting it back and starting it up. I think you have tried something similar from the posts above.

Wildwillow,

again; Thanks so much for your help and input! Really.

My system is now fully functional, as far as I can tell.
My GPU works, and I am now checking out benchmarks etc.
When I have checked everything out, I will overclock the system and see how that works out.

Have you done any overclocking, and if so; how is it working?
Settings?

I believe the MAIN REASON why this install went haywire in the first place, was choosing the "5.1" as my Mac version. That seems to be a complete nono, and making a sticky with that note could save a LOT of people a lot of time...and frustration.

I solved the BIOS issue myself.
Turns out I needed to reset CMOS AND connect my graphics card. Who knew...

I will post a guide when I am completely done with my setup.
Seems to me there are a lot of people out there who could benefit from my mistakes, and hence save a lot of time. And I also believe that a drop-down guide where people could simply choose their MB, CPU etc and then get the correct info, would be VERY useful for first-time Hackintoshers.

More on that later.

Wildwillow,

again; Thanks so much for your help and input! Really.

My system is now fully functional, as far as I can tell.
My GPU works, and I am now checking out benchmarks etc.
When I have checked everything out, I will overclock the system and see how that works out.

Have you done any overclocking, and if so; how is it working?
Settings?

It's no problem. I haven't done any overclocking that I am happy with, power management seems to be different in OS X Mavericks and Haswell.

believe the MAIN REASON why this install went haywire in the first place, was choosing the "5.1" as my Mac version. That seems to be a complete nono, and making a sticky with that note could save a LOT of people a lot of time...and frustration.

I was sure that this maybe be the issue when I asked you which system definition you were using in post #9 But as my father once told me, if you never make mistakes you never learn, thats why I still learn. All part and parcel of the package.
solved the BIOS issue myself.
Turns out I needed to reset CMOS AND connect my graphics card. Who knew...

I will post a guide when I am completely done with my setup.
Seems to me there are a lot of people out there who could benefit from my mistakes, and hence save a lot of time. And I also believe that a drop-down guide where people could simply choose their MB, CPU etc and then get the correct info, would be VERY useful for first-time Hackintoshers.

More on that later.

Thats the fun of searching, Precise searches gives more info and maybe something that can be of help even though it isn't the direct solution you are searching for, can solve issues at a later date. I enjoy reading and learning.

Pleased for you that you have your system up and running. Thanks for posting your updates, it will help others.

GEEKBENCH:

So far the machine yields a score of
• 3777 (single core score, 32 bit)
• 14890 (multi-core score)

I have no idea if that´s on par with other machines with 4770K CPUs or not.
As far as I could see it was doing pretty well compared to other Hackintoshes - and at least I know the hardware is working.
So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back