Contribute
Register

Frustrated! How do I remove all Multibeast files, so I can start over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading back through the thread and you posted this

I have also connected a TV screen via the HDMI socket in my Hackintosh. (I can´t connect my Mac HD displays via HDMI.)

Which TV are you using and if you can't connect via HDMI what cable are you using?
Thanks for posting you .plist. You have Darkwake=0 in twice.

Thanks for checking.
Anything else I should change about the file?

HDMI:
Right now I am using my 23" Mac HD display connected via regular cable (DVI?) to the GTX 780.
Works, but like I said before, the graphics are slow as hell, images are jumping/scrolling like a malfunctioning old TV, and I guess OpenGL/CL and CUDA are not working.

I use a regular LCD Samsung 37" TV. The TV is not on, but the HDMI cable is in the MB socket (back of machine).

Thanks for checking.
Anything else I should change about the file?

HDMI:
Right now I am using my 23" Mac HD display connected via regular cable (DVI?) to the GTX 780.
Works, but like I said before, the graphics are slow as hell and I guess OpenGL/CL and CUDA are not working.

I use a regular LCD Samsung 37" TV. The TV is not on, but the HDMI cable is in the MB socket (back of machine).

The graphics are not working due to being in safe mode, the drivers aren't loading. Could you remove the connections from the Motherboard and try each TV separately with the cables that you have only from the GTX780. let it boot without any flags. I will be back tomorrow.

• Tried removing HDMI cable from MB = No difference

• Tried removing the entire GTX 780 card, changed BIOS prefs to use internal graphics:
Booting in safe mode via HDMI connected to TV works. I am typing this using my Samsung TV.
• Now the RED apple cartoon logo appears during boot, instead of the official Apple logo.
Dunno if that matters or means anything...

• I get error and kernel panic when I boot without safe-mode.

The "Kernel extensions in backtrace" line focuses on:
• com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver(1.0.2d2)
• Dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(1.4)
• Dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.8)
• Dependency: com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily

No idea if that is the culprit - I just watched an expert saying that this Backtrace line was worth looking at.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Start over. Format your hard drive and install Mountain Lion again. No Graphics card. Load BIOS to optimised defaults. Set to IGFX

Once installed use MultiBeast 5.5.5.

Select Only

User DSDT/DSDT Free installation
Audio ALC892 without DSDT
Hnak's Intel Ethernet
Boot options>1080p Display

Get your system booting from the hard drive first.

OK, you mean a CLEAN install on a clean, formatted HDD without the files and programs from my original MacPro?

Yeah, I think that might be the best solution.
In that case I might as well install Mavericks and get an up-to-date system, unless Mavericks will present other issues; like compatability with the GTX, programs etc...

• Any reasons why I should stay away from Mavericks?
• Can I still migrate my emails etc like I would in a conventional OSX install, after creating a bootable HHD?

OK, you mean a CLEAN install on a clean, formatted HDD without the files and programs from my original MacPro?

In that case I might as well install Mavericks and get an up-to-date system, unless Mavericks will present other issues; like compatability with the GTX, programs etc...

• Can I still migrate my emails etc like I would in a conventional OSX install, after creating a bootable HHD?

With a clean install of Mavericks, you might get support for the GTX7xx card. Use Migration assistant to pull over the settings from your old Mac HDD.

There is very little difference in Mountain Lion and Mavericks, Using Mavericks with Dual monitors you have the added bonus of full screen Apps where this isn't present in Mountain Lion. I have Mavericks on all my systems running great.

Yes you can still migrate your emails as Going Bald mentioned.

There is very little difference in Mountain Lion and Mavericks, Using Mavericks with Dual monitors you have the added bonus of full screen Apps where this isn't present in Mountain Lion. I have Mavericks on all my systems running great.

Yes you can still migrate your emails as Going Bald mentioned.

OK, cool thanks :thumbup:
This means that I cannot use BOTH screens for the same application in Mountain Lion? That´s pretty useless then...

I have begun creating a fresh Mavericks install on a completely new SSD.
I´ll report back on my progress shortly.

So far: Thanks a million for your patience, insight and great help, WildWillow! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I really appreciate your time and effort! :)

Argh!
Now I cant even access my CMOS manager.
WHen I start up it simply flashes the GIGABYTE logo for less than 1/10 of a second, then goes to black.

• No external GPU connected.
• Using HDMI cable to TV (I get a signal and can see the Gigabyte logo shortly)

• Tried CMOS reset (CMOS_SW) button.
• Tried DTB (Direct to MB)
• Tried Reset_SW
• Tried with an without unformatted HD, with and without bootable USB
• Tried shutting down power
• Tried pressing DEL and/or F12 and other F-buttons
Nothing....

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back