<< Solved >> Freezing Minutes After Booting Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7 3.69Ghz (4 cores)
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX660 2048MB GDDR5 192-Bit, Dual DVI-D, HDMI, DP and 2-Way SLI Ready GPU Graphics Card
Hi Everyone,

I've had this Hackintosh built for about 5 years and occasionally had it freeze on me if I immediately opened up any programs upon starting up. I had Flux installed and decided to try uninstalling and it seemed to help the issue. I also adapted to it by waiting a few minutes after start up before opening programs and that seemed to do the trick.

Recently my system has been completely freezing up again and now it's at a point where no matter what I do it freezes just minutes after booting up. I can't get any work done and when checking my motherboard codes, I'm not getting any errors so I'm unsure what to do.

I'm attaching a photo of the text that has been popping up (inconsistently) when I boot up. When this text appears, my system fails to finish booting. Sometimes this text does not appear, and it seems to have booted up fine when after a few minutes it freezes up entirely.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU: Intel Core i7 3.69Ghz (4 cores)
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX660 2048MB GDDR5

I am running OS X Yosemite v10.10.2

Any help is appreciated, thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_1346.jpg
    IMG_1346.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 91
UPDATE:

After a whole lot of trial and error, it seems that having a Firewire cable plugged into a PCI card was the issue all along. I have removed all Firewire connections (PCI card is still in, but I plan to replace it with USB3) and am no longer having the issue! Will let you know if anything changes, but figured my update could help someone like me who still uses Firewire for who knows what reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back