Contribute
Register

For anyone using old Clover guide, please update to the latest one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
i5 3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you installed Mavericks on HP Probook laptops by using my old guide (involving using Chameleon PBI, copying dsdt, ssdt, etc...) like the post #3 in my thread, please change your installation to vanilla by following the guide "Migrate from Chimera/Chameleon bootloader to Clover" in my thread.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

The purpose of this is to make sure you will have everything working after future OS X updates.

NOTE: You don't need to to this if:
- You're using new guide (involving new PBI Clover guide)
- You used old guide, but applied "AppleHDA patch" and "External display" patch to config.plist

If you installed Mavericks on HP Probook laptops by using my old guide (involving using Chameleon PBI, copying dsdt, ssdt, etc...) like the post #3 in my thread, please change your installation to vanilla by following the guide "Migrate from Chimera/Chameleon bootloader to Clover" in my thread.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

The purpose of this is to make sure you will have everything working after future OS X updates.

NOTE: You don't need to to this if:
- You're using new guide (involving new PBI Clover guide)
- You used old guide, but applied "AppleHDA patch" and "External display" patch to config.plist

For those who used the old guide (pbi chameleon) the dsdt.aml , ssdt.aml and ssdt-1.aml (amd disabled) are already in efi . Will the pbi clover overwrite those files or do we need to first remove them and then boot with usb ? Also the kexts are in s/l/e (because of pbi chameleon) . The pbi clover will install them in efi . Is this ok ? Maybe you could add these in your migration guide if someone has already tried it , what steps are necessary exactly .

Thanks for all your help ;)

For those who used the old guide (pbi chameleon) the dsdt.aml , ssdt.aml and ssdt-1.aml (amd disabled) are already in efi . Will the pbi clover overwrite those files or do we need to first remove them and then boot with usb ? Also the kexts are in s/l/e (because of pbi chameleon) . The pbi clover will install them in efi . Is this ok ? Maybe you could add these in your migration guide if someone has already tried it , what steps are necessary exactly .

Thanks for all your help ;)
Everything will be rewritten, kexts in s/l/e will be deleted by pbi clover.

Everything will be rewritten, kexts in s/l/e will be deleted by pbi clover.

Great ! I will give it a shot when i get home and test afterwards the 10.9.2 update

Thanks again :thumbup:

I did the migration , also updated to 10.9.2 . Everything worked but i noticed in HWMonitor that the cpu changes all the time even when not doing anything . For example it won't stay for long in x12 1.19ghz but most of the time is x22 2.18 ghz . Many times it will display x12 as 2.18 ghz which should be 1.19ghz . Also the fan speed before was 2318 and rarely going up to 2500. Now it is always 2587 and sometimes goes up to 2614 , and this is with a cooling base below . It seems the values of hwmonitor are wrong.

Is this normal?

I did the migration , also updated to 10.9.2 . Everything worked but i noticed in HWMonitor that the cpu changes all the time even when not doing anything . For example it won't stay for long in x12 1.19ghz but most of the time is x22 2.18 ghz . Many times it will display x12 as 2.18 ghz which should be 1.19ghz . Also the fan speed before was 2318 and rarely going up to 2500. Now it is always 2587 and sometimes goes up to 2614 , and this is with a cooling base below . It seems the values of hwmonitor are wrong.

Is this normal?

Since higher fan speeds are associated with higher temperatures, and higher temperatures are associated with higher CPU multipliers, and higher CPU multipliers are associated with greater CPU workload, it is likely HwMonitor is showing you the real values. And it is likely that your computer is a little bit busier after the update to 10.9.2, temporarily resulting in the higher CPU workload.

Since higher fan speeds are associated with higher temperatures, and higher temperatures are associated with higher CPU multipliers, and higher CPU multipliers are associated with greater CPU workload, it is likely HwMonitor is showing you the real values. And it is likely that your computer is a little bit busier after the update to 10.9.2, temporarily resulting in the higher CPU workload.

Well it seems the problem was my cooling base was at lowest speed . After increasing the fan speed of cooling base , cpu fan is at normal fan speed (same as before between 2297 and 2318 rpm) . Cpu package speed also seems to be stable . Although when it changes most of the times the cpu multiplier stays at x12 . For example it changes from 1.12 ghz to 2.18 and 2.25ghz but multiplier is at x12 . Not sure if this is an issue or not. Maybe is a bug with the newer version of hwmonitor

Well it seems the problem was my cooling base was at lowest speed . After increasing the fan speed of cooling base , cpu fan is at normal fan speed (same as before between 2297 and 3118 rpm) . Cpu package speed also seems to be stable . Although when it changes most of the times the cpu multiplier stays at x12 . For example it changes from 1.12 ghz to 2.18 and 2.25ghz but multiplier is at x12 . Not sure if this is an issue or not. Maybe is a bug with the newer version of hwmonitor

The multiplier and clock rate may be sampled at different times, leading to different values displayed for each one even though they are directly correlated. Both sensors are not necessarily sampled at the same time.

The multiplier and clock rate may be sampled at different times, leading to different values displayed for each one even though they are directly correlated. Both sensors are not necessarily sampled at the same time.

Oh ok so this is normal then. Thanks for the info RM , i always thought that the cpu multiplier wasn't sampled but calculated from the value of the cpu package speed .

i've migrated successful but the problem is my windows is installed on legacy mode but i've figure out if i switch to UEFI Hybrid it detects my windows legacy and it switch to chameleon bootloader when i click windows icon on clover. another thing is when i'm on UEFI Native i get line as the loading circle under apple logo, that came when i changed the screen resolution to 1366x768 which is perfect at boot screen of clover and even apple logo while booting is great only that spin is a little issue. so how i fix the spin within my native resolution and how i fix clover detect my legacy windows on UEFI native ?

thanks for the guide , i've always wanted to try clover but had issues with windows UEFI partition deletes my Clover UEFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back