Contribute
Register

For anyone using old Clover guide, please update to the latest one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've migrated successful but the problem is my windows is installed on legacy mode but i've figure out if i switch to UEFI Hybrid it detects my windows legacy and it switch to chameleon bootloader when i click windows icon on clover. another thing is when i'm on UEFI Native i get line as the loading circle under apple logo, that came when i changed the screen resolution to 1366x768 which is perfect at boot screen of clover and even apple logo while booting is great only that spin is a little issue. so how i fix the spin within my native resolution and how i fix clover detect my legacy windows on UEFI native ?

thanks for the guide , i've always wanted to try clover but had issues with windows UEFI partition deletes my Clover UEFI partition.

The stretch loading icon is a known issue, switch to 1024x768 + using CLover S Themes will fix it.

I don't have problem with Windows 8.1 UEFI, everything is smooth.

The stretch loading icon is a known issue, switch to 1024x768 + using CLover S Themes will fix it.

I don't have problem with Windows 8.1 UEFI, everything is smooth.

Well i've installed my windows using legacy method so in boot log it only show GUID of Legacy not as UEFI partition, and i wanted Clover to detect Windows as UEFI i'm afraid if i install Windows 8.1 UEFI Partition it might perhaps delete my clover UEFI Partition.
i'm So confused. Windows Need UEFI partition to boot, if that happens osx uefi disappear.

Well i've installed my windows using legacy method so in boot log it only show GUID of Legacy not as UEFI partition, and i wanted Clover to detect Windows as UEFI i'm afraid if i install Windows 8.1 UEFI Partition it might perhaps delete my clover UEFI Partition.
i'm So confused. Windows Need UEFI partition to boot, if that happens osx uefi disappear.

Did you read my Windows UEFI guide?

Did you read my Windows UEFI guide?
Sorry, for that waste of time :thumbup: i've missed step 5. Thanks for your quick reply :D
5. Legacy OS boot

If you have Legacy OSes installed, you can enable Clover to boot legacy OS by editing your config.plist:- Gui > Scan > Custom: check Legacy
- Boot > Legacy: LegacyBiosDefault

For 7-series laptops, you also have to select UEFI with CSM in BIOS.

I did the migration , also updated to 10.9.2 . Everything worked but i noticed in HWMonitor that the cpu changes all the time even when not doing anything . For example it won't stay for long in x12 1.19ghz but most of the time is x22 2.18 ghz . Many times it will display x12 as 2.18 ghz which should be 1.19ghz . Also the fan speed before was 2318 and rarely going up to 2500. Now it is always 2587 and sometimes goes up to 2614 , and this is with a cooling base below . It seems the values of hwmonitor are wrong.

Is this normal?

It seems that although my temp is low about 39 the system fan is working a level above than normal, at 2587 and 2614 . Isn't this fan speed a lot since my notebook is on cooling base?

It seems that although my temp is low about 39 the system fan is working a level above than normal, at 2587 and 2614 . Isn't this fan speed a lot since my notebook is on cooling base?

Fan speed is directly correlated to:
- the temperature of your CPU (how you're cooling it does not matter -- the fan control software does not know you have a cooling base -- all that matters is the temperature readings)
- the fan behavior/DSDT patches you may have chosen.

Fan speed is directly correlated to:
- the temperature of your CPU (how you're cooling it does not matter -- the fan control software does not know you have a cooling base -- all that matters is the temperature readings)
- the fan behavior/DSDT patches you may have chosen.
The cpu temp is about 39 degrees when boot and idle . And i only used fan behavior readings only. Is the speed 2614 normal on idle?

Update: after shutting down for 5 minutes and booting again fan speed is lower at 2318. Temperatures are the same 37-39 . So it should be the same fan speed as well

The cpu temp is about 39 degrees when boot and idle . And i only used fan behavior readings only. Is the speed 2614 normal on idle?

You are getting standard BIOS fan behavior. Compare with behavior on Windows... You can control it better by using one of the other fan patches.

Update: after shutting down for 5 minutes and booting again fan speed is lower at 2318. Temperatures are the same 37-39 . So it should be the same fan speed as well

You are at the mercy of what BIOS wants to do. It may not make sense... Talk to the HP engineers...

You are getting standard BIOS fan behavior. Compare with behavior on Windows... You can control it better by using one of the other fan patches.

You are at the mercy of what BIOS wants to do. It may not make sense... Talk to the HP engineers...
Thanks rehabman so i guess everything is normal. I guess i tend to find problems when there isn't one. Thanks

Thanks rehabman so i guess everything is normal. I guess i tend to find problems when there isn't one. Thanks

The BIOS fan control on most PC laptops is sub-par, almost without exception. It is just not something PC manufacturers care about or pay attention to. It is the small details (and serious cost cutting on materials/workmanship) like this that separate quality computers such as those that Apple produces and PC companies.

You can use DSDT patches to control the fan to your liking to improve the situation on OS X. Some alternates are easy enough to apply via the ProBook Installer. If you wish to customize, see here for further details: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/72043-new-fan-control-dsdt-silent-fan-higher-temps.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back