Graphics Coprocessor: Nvidia Geforce GTX980m SLI
Soundcard: Realtek ALC668
Wireless: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Bluetooth: Intel Wireless Bluetooth®
Others: Webcam2 USB3.0
now :Clover 4243 & macOS Sierra 10.12.6
GPT/UEFI

Problem:
In the installation of Mac os 10.13,it occurs a problem which is "windows server service only ran for 0 seconds". My laptop has no intel graph card because it had been shielded through physical way. So I guess the problem is due to the dual Nvidia Cards, but I don't know how to solve it.
as per rules, details need to be in your profile
<----
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

oops, sorry. Here is my machine:
Clevo P870DM
Motherboard: Intel® Z170 Chipset Product
CPU: i7-6700k
Graphics Coprocessor: Nvidia Geforce GTX980m SLI
Soundcard: Realtek ALC668
Wireless: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Bluetooth: Intel Wireless Bluetooth®
Others: Webcam2 USB3.0
now :Clover 4243 & macOS Sierra 10.12.6
GPT/UEFI

Problem:
In the installation of Mac os 10.13,it occurs a problem which is "windows server service only ran for 0 seconds". My laptop has no intel graph card because it had been shielded through physical way. So I guess the problem is due to the dual Nvidia Cards, but I don't know how to solve it.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Will this problem fix without patching dsdt or ssdt ?
I am waiting for it.

No idea what you are asking. Fix what?

What are you waiting for?
Sorry for my bad English.
I am waiting for Fix "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU without patching DSDT or SSDT.

I'd like to know the difference between the traditional discrete guide, and this one.
Because I used this now to install macOS High Sierra, and I notes that my NVIDIA was disabled as well (and that's good and was way more simple).
The both ways have the same result?

I'd like to know the difference between the traditional discrete guide, and this one.
Because I used this now to install macOS High Sierra, and I notes that my NVIDIA was disabled as well (and that's good and was way more simple).
The both ways have the same result?

This guide is only for disabling the VESA drivers that cause problems.
It is not the same as disabling the device itself.

Hi RehabMan,

I used Unibeast 8.0 to create High Sierra USB installer. This exact problem came up in my system. I have tried your method, adding spoofed AML to the patched folder. However, the problem still persists.

I've verified the ACPI path using Device Manager under windows in this same notebook (attahed)

The config.plist from Unibeast doesn't have any Patches entry in the ACPI section. Do you think I need to add that manually?

Here I also attached the clover folder.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my English.

Attachments

• BIOS NAME.PNG
    BIOS NAME.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 155
  • CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 78
Hi RehabMan,

I've tried all three methods to get this "WindowServer service ran for 0 secs" error, no avail..
In the end I copied the config.plist file you posted for a user on the same thread having hd 5500 and an ATI card, modified the ati to list nvidia, used it, and now I'm stuck in a boot loop.

I'm attaching a copy of the clover dir + video of what I see now.
Appreciate your help!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • video.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 74
Back