Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

:D i managed to get it done, thanks for letting me solve it by myself :thumbup:
There is still a tiny little glitch at about 40% of the bar but i recall you stating that this is normal.

Other users have reported that adding Legacy (CSM in some BIOS) support in BIOS will fix more of the glitching. It seems to help on my u430.

Add CSM option do the same me. With only glitch fix still have small glitch, but after choose "UEFI with CSM" it perfect now.

Just letting you all know that the 10.10.2 patch does indeed still work in 10.10.3

Just letting you all know that the 10.10.2 patch does indeed still work in 10.10.3

I'm finding the same thing. And I reviewed the effect of the patch on the code to be certain it makes sense.

Hi,
I just built my first Hackintosh and everything is working just fine! except that screen...Could you guys please explain to me how to implement the lines (Post page 1) exactly? I am not using Clover
Thanks!

Hi,
I just built my first Hackintosh and everything is working just fine! except that screen...Could you guys please explain to me how to implement the lines (Post page 1) exactly? I am not using Clover
Thanks!

I would advise changing to use clover. I was also reluctant at first to make the change, however its a much more robust solution compared to the other boot methods out there.

Hi,
Thanks!

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I used Clover, but strangely my mouse and keyboard wouldn't work correctly, if even. I tried it on several USB Ports, but it had no effect. I had to switch to Chimera again.:confused:

Thanks, I successfully installed Clover as my boot loader. Used this guide 1 by 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJDbSuW7lbE thanks to MacMan, side effect : iMessage is working 100% :)

However, the screen glitch is still present, occurs after about half the bar on Apple logo screen. Any further ideas? thanks

Back