Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    58.8 KB · Views: 109
  • config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 238
I already read the guide and whole thread multiple times.

I have already applied every patches you suggested.

But nothing is changed.

Would you please look into my dsdt and config ?

Your config.plist is wrong. Follow the guide linked in post #115.

Your config.plist is wrong. Follow the guide linked in post #115.

Thank you for your kindness!

But I don't catch which part of my config is wrong.

I'll please if you let me know solutions in detail.

Thank you for your kindness!

But I don't catch which part of my config is wrong.

I'll please if you let me know solutions in detail.

Too many things wrong to mention individually. Use a config.plist from the guide as a starting point.

Too many things wrong to mention individually. Use a config.plist from the guide as a starting point.

My config is edited by clover configurator. So I can't doubt which parts are wrong.

Moreover, most of function work well, except elan touchpad, realtek rts5227 pcie card reader and this

boot screen problem. Also I can't find any error message in clover boot log.

How can I find which lines are wrong?

As I mentioned before, this problem disappears when the system boot with legacy bios mode.

When I select 'uefi only', the boot screen apple is garbled at the last time.

My config is edited by clover configurator. So I can't doubt which parts are wrong.

Moreover, most of function work well, except elan touchpad, realtek rts5227 pcie card reader and this

boot screen problem. Also I can't find any error message in clover boot log.

How can I find which lines are wrong?

As I mentioned before, this problem disappears when the system boot with legacy bios mode.

When I select 'uefi only', the boot screen apple is garbled at the last time.

Please read post #119.

If you are experiencing the Apple logo garble (replicating many times horizontally) during bootup, then this will be helpful for you.

This is the problem I have, the 10.10.2 patch from post #1 fixes the dots on fade in to desktop but not the horizontal replication.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
case 1 : bios setting - legacy boot / clover kext to patch - not apply
turn on → bootL message appearing → appearing apple logo(1/3)
→ [garbling apple logo and going into desktop]

case 2 : bios setting - legacy boot / clover kext to patch - apply "replace QYjE6xE= to QYjE6zE="
turn on
→ bootL message appearing → appearing apple logo(1/3) → [going into desktop]

case 3 : bios setting - uefi boot only / clover kext to patch - apply "replace QYjE6xE= to QYjE6zE="
turn on → appearing apple logo(1/3) → [garbling apple logo and going into desktop]

case 4 : bios setting - uefi boot only / IOGraphicsFamily.kext direct patch
turn on → appearing apple logo(1/3) → [garbling apple logo and going into desktop]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those are my laptop's statuses.

Boot screen garbling problem was solved when I start legacy boot mode only.

I don't agree with RehabMan's advice about my wrong compilation at config.pilst because I found out

my "case 2" had no problems.

Now, the only thing I want to know is difference between clover's uefi boot and legacy boot.:rolleyes:

Boot screen garbling problem was solved when I start legacy boot mode only.

I don't agree with RehabMan's advice about my wrong compilation at config.pilst because I found out

my "case 2" had no problems.

Now, the only thing I want to know is difference between clover's uefi boot and legacy boot.:rolleyes:

Difference is the way graphics are initialized by BIOS and/or Clover.

Cool! I try so many fixes....simply change the Bios Option on my U530 change to Legacy (UEFI First Boot) fix the Boot Glitter complete Yeah!

Back