Contribute
Register

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

I posted this on another forum and I will repost here in the hopes that it helps someone possibly:
No screen garble, at boot or otherwise :)

"0x0a26000a works! I have been struggling to get the dashboard ripples in the 3 weeks since I've had this laptop and saw many references to 0x0a260006 and 0x0a260005, the 0x0a260005 doesn't work for me and the 0x0a260006 does work but with no QE/CI effects.

I am using an HP Envy 15t k000, if that helps anyone if they read this.

Using Clover -

FakeID (0x04168086)

Inject EDID (checked)

Inject Intel (checked)

ig-platform-id (0x0a26000a)"

Using Clover -

FakeID (0x04168086)

FakeID 0x04168086 does not make sense. The kexts in Yosemite do not support that device-id.

Did you rebuild cache?

Thanks @RehabMan, that was the problem, fix works but not completely, now instead garble screen I have a black screen for a moment, but it's much better than before.

Loading progress bar goes up to about 30% then starts a black screen for a moment, and then loading resumes regular.

Thanks @RehabMan, that was the problem, fix works but not completely, now instead garble screen I have a black screen for a moment, but it's much better than before.

Loading progress bar goes up to about 30% then starts a black screen for a moment, and then loading resumes regular.

Typical.

Hello, RehabMan
I am always appreciate you about your various guides.
I'm using lenovo u330 touch with fhd which works very well with 10.10.2.
But I can't solve this "boot screen garble" problem yet.
I have observed strange case.
When I boot with uefi mode, my boot screen garble, but when I boot with legacy mode,
my boot screen doesn't garble.
I don't know how can I solve this problem.
Do you have any knowhow?

Hello, RehabMan
I am always appreciate you about your various guides.
I'm using lenovo u330 touch with fhd which works very well with 10.10.2.
But I can't solve this "boot screen garble" problem yet.
I have observed strange case.
When I boot with uefi mode, my boot screen garble, but when I boot with legacy mode,
my boot screen doesn't garble.
I don't know how can I solve this problem.
Do you have any knowhow?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ideapad-u330-u430-u530-using-clover-uefi.html

Back